Replaced Blackhawk Stock

Welcome to The Marauder forum; please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Replaced Blackhawk Stock

Postby blackhawk on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:00 pm

The weight of original wooden stock is heavy enough to hold, I converted to very light weight Blackhawk made stock.
The weight reduced by 2.2lbs, and very comfortable.<br>
blackhawk

Re: Replaced Blackhawk Stock

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Hey Blackhawk, Nice job! Now give us the skinny on the suppressor. If this is only 42dB, that's half the original measurement, how was it measured? Thanks. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby sacshooter on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Blackhawk Stock link please

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby blackhawk on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I got the stock at internet auction as opened box condition. The new stock is available at many store as well as Blackhawk.com,http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Axiom-RF-Ruger-1022-Rifle-Stock,1371,166.htm
blackhawk

Postby blackhawk on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 pm

The inside of suppressor is made, referring Image, and measured by typical sound level meter.
blackhawk

Postby blackhawk on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Working on noise for several years, below picture is what I working due to most effective construction.

The diameter of suppressor seems to be related tone of noise, larger diamter seems to be reduced high tone noise to low tone noise. The lendth of suppressor seems to be related to entire noise level (longer is better, say 10 inches is good enough). Below photo is my Talon and added outter barrel of Airsoft sniper rifle with 10 inches suppressor mechnism inside, the diamter is larger than Marauder's suppressor. Therefore, it can reduce from lower tone to higher tone completely. But Marauder's suppressor seems to be remain higher tone noise a bit.[
blackhawk

Postby Walx on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:49 am

How hard was it to fit the stock to the gun? I have a 10/22 stock laying around and also have a stock for a remington short action with bull barrel I thought i might try a fit to the Marauder. Heres the link to the Rem 700 stock I have. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=293581
Walx

Postby blackhawk on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 pm

The stock is tightly installed, and good enough to use for me, similar to Marauder Pistol level.
Originally, Marauder body is installed the half tank body to teight enough to stay original wooded stock,and trigger casing which has one installation screw to fix the body. Same way, I replaced Blackhawk stock, here is the outline;
1. Used one 20inches length Alminium pipe which has same diameter as Marauder tank, for guaging guide during filing,
in order to fit tight enough to stay Marauder body on new stock as straight position.
2. Carefully modified the trigger casing area to install the body, stay on stock at correct postion, vertically as well as holizontally. (I used two pieces of ABS plastic sheet for both sides of trigger casing, to tightly fit the stock).
3. Filed the pressure gauge hole.
4. Made the installation screw plate, using ABS plastic sheet with epoxy to glue inside stock. (This plate covers the magazine slot of Ruger 10/22.)
blackhawk

Postby Walx on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks for the info Im going to give this a try after hunting season is over.
Walx

Postby Roger on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Blackhawk,

Does this make the gun weigh less?

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Next

Return to Introduction, Welcome & Greetings