new guy already pulled the trigger, just waiting now.

Welcome to The Marauder forum; please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Re: new guy already pulled the trigger, just waiting now.

Postby RayK » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:07 pm

It should be plenty good to enjoy shooting it stock for quite a while.

If you love to tinker, you bought the right PCP, because there is tons of things you can do and many of them don't cost much.

Maybe you can wait until your 4X4 rebuild is done then we can help you tinker your airgun to get it how you like it. These Marauders are very simple and the parts are cheap and easy to replace if you mess something up.

Ray
25 M-rod, 25 M-rod @ Citrus Airguns bullpup, 22 Citrus ReBuilt M-rod, 177 M-rod, new 22 P-rod
RayK

Postby maskale » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:24 am

still waiting on my guppy tank, so I have shot up all my air that came with the rifle. Time to tinker with it while I wait some more, its really to hot (TX) to be out working on my 4x4 anyways, shooting in the shade is much cooler.

Cruising CL on Monday night found a .25 that had just been listed. I bought it yesterday evening. Did some test shots at the sellers house into a target. This morning I punched through come 3/4" plywood, I'm impressed. The coons that keep having a party on my back deck best watch out. Another 8 shots or so and I'll be out of air on it also. :D It came with a baffle extension and air tube extension. Its louder then my .177 even with the extra baffles, but still may be backyard friendly, its really borderline right now, if I use a quiet backstop it will probably be ok.

Put a Caldwell XLA bipod on the .177, its a nice piece.
maskale

Postby maskale » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:38 am

removed the trigger spring on the .25, used two 006 orings as spacers. Very light trigger, blew right past the first stage the first couple times I pulled it. ;) The .25 shroud is centered in the barrel band, but stretched a 110 over the shroud and then squeezed it into the barrel band. Need to do both to the .177 now, the shroud is low on this one.

maskale

Previous

Return to Introduction, Welcome & Greetings