New .25 Mrod owner from Scottsdale, AZ

Welcome to The Marauder forum; please take a moment to introduce yourself.

New .25 Mrod owner from Scottsdale, AZ

Postby Black_Sabot on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:48 am

Hello,

Have been reading all of the hub-bub about the .25 Marauder for awhile and wanting something in that caliber, so I picked one up from Kip at Airguns of Arizona yesterday. I like "long-range" airgunning, so this thing should fit into that perfectly. My last airgun was an AF Condor in .22 and as much I love Condors, I hate their ergonomics and tire of their report. The Mrod feels "nicely like a gun" and is worlds quitter. Plus, it's out of the box accuracy looks impressive. I can't wait to put some glass on it and put it through it's paces this weekend.

This wood though, yuck. It almost looks like a screen-printed simulation of wood grain, lol (I expected this, btw.). So it's off this morning with me to visit my business neighbor who owns a furniture refinishing shop for a nice chemical peel (it is Scottsdale after all, ya' know! lol) and I think I will paint it "tactical tan" with a nice light-absorbing textured paint.

A quick chrono of a few fills shows it to be throwing HN Diablo Barracuda's 31 grainers at 845 fps for 49 lbs of ME. Not bad for a .25 cal. American made PCP repeater right out of the box.

Exactly why I wanted it.

Jkc
"I am the darkness born out of light. I am the force, the fire that burns here tonight. Bringing the future to all mankind. Guider of life, of death, the sight for the blind."

Black_Sabot

Re: New .25 Mrod owner from Scottsdale, AZ

Postby ssscottg on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Hey there,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the journey with your 25 cal Mrod. Those are excellent numbers for a 31grain pellet, BTW I agree that the stock leaves lots to be desired, a camouflage paint job will be a big improvement. :D

Have good long range fun!

Scott
ssscottg

Re: New .25 Mrod owner from Scottsdale, AZ

Postby Black_Sabot on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks Scott, I will!

Black_Sabot

Return to Introduction, Welcome & Greetings