Problem with my PCP hand pump

Welcome to The Marauder forum; please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Problem with my PCP hand pump

Postby urenaf on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:01 am

Hi every one!
This is my first time here and I have the folloing problem.

I used my pcp hand pump couple of months and it was fine after that it started letting air out by the main cylinder, I disarmed it and cleaned up the black grease on it. After I armed it back I have a new problem! After e few strokes (Close to 1000 PSI) it is impossible to continue stroking the pump. Does any body have this problem and how was fixed it? I wonder if there is a repair kit (seals, o rings, etc) so I can replace them all by myself since I have not longer any warranty for my pump.

Thanks.
urenaf

Re: Problem with my PCP hand pump

Postby Roger on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 am

I am assuming you have a benjamin pump. Yes you can rebuild it . I have had mine sence March and have put the same seal -o- ring in 3 times o ring # 60 My guess is that the handle will not pull up!

Call Sun Optics
817-350-4957

ask for Dwayne tell him the problem ask him to send you what you need. He is quick and you will be going in no time

hope this helps

Roger
Roger

Postby tjbryner on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Same thing happened to my air force pump. They told me it is from not completing a down stroke. It then creates to much volume.

After that, I made sure that I completed every down stroke it hasn't happened again.
tjbryner

Postby urenaf on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks Roger, your information was very helpful!
urenaf

Postby cloxter on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:17 am

I had a problem with my benjamin pump that came with my Disco. It began to feel as if an o-ring was out of place and "just didn't feel right". Wouldn't fill rifle without doubling the number of strokes. Don't know what was wrong, just sent it back to benjamin and they sent it (or a new one) back on the double and I was back in business. If anyone can tell me what kind of seal they are talking about that fails regularly on the benjamin pump, I would like to know. I'm a master clockmaker and I might be able to install it myself with a little luck. Since I got it back with the repair done, no more problem. That's one thing about Benjamin, when you call them with a problem, You don't get a person in India saying "Hello, how am i being helping you". They are built in AMERICA. They are built to last and while they're not the cheapest guns in the world, their service has always been top line for me ------Cloxter
cloxter

Postby Roger on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:31 am

Cloxter,

The next time that this happens you need to talk to Duane at Sun Optics. The number is 817-350-4957. He built the pump and is very kind.
Do not call Crosman I know they will take care of the problem but Duane will send you the o rings you need if you want to do it yourself along with the info to do it saves alot of time and it is not hard.

Hopes this helps.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Return to Introduction, Welcome & Greetings