Hello from Ohio !!

Welcome to The Marauder forum; please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Hello from Ohio !!

Postby DocHolliday123 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Hello to everyone ! Got my Marauder .177 about a month ago. I am very new to how much AirGuns have changed since I last owned a C02 Crosman pistol.

Thanks for the site and all the great tips.
DocHolliday123

Re: Hello from Ohio !!

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 am

Hi Doc, Welcome to the family. I've had real good luck with my .177. If you've havent already seen the posts, the EunJin 16.1's have been my favorite pellet, very accurate and incredible energy. Also the CPH 10.5"s do very well, regardless of speed (1000, 900 and 800. despite being designed for the 800-850 range). Good luck. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby DocHolliday123 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks for the information. If I had known about this site it would have saved me a "Stress Meltdown" yesterday. My Dad goes to the RANGE with his guns about once every two weeks.

We were looking for a way to keep ourselves fresh and our eye to hand coordination up to snuff.

Dad was the first to hear about all the new innovations in Air Guns. He bought a GAMMO break barrel but the constant cocking was really hard on his arm. Dad's 85.

We started watching American Airgunner on the Sportsman's Channel and a whole new world opened up to us.
We did some investigation and decided to sell the GAMMO and get a Marauder .117 so we could shoot in the basement. We have a tank, the fills are cheap, and Dad's arm is great.

Then yesterday we found you can't just put anything in the magazine and shoot it. We got that thing so jammed I thought we would never get it out. Then I found this website. Boy, God Bless You Guys and Gals.
The magazine is out, no harm to the gun and we both are feeling great.

I do wish we knew what was not to be used in the magazine and what is approved.

Either way this is a FINE SITE and thanks to everyone posting about stuck magazines.
DocHolliday123

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Doc, Which pellets were you having problems with? Because for the .177, I'm not aware of any clearance issues. If I'm not mistaken the only problems I have heard of was with the .22 and .25 Predator Polymags being too long for the mags. Let us know. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Return to Introduction, Welcome & Greetings