My vehicles were pillaged last night.

A place to post topics unrelated to airguns.

My vehicles were pillaged last night.

Postby sacshooter on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Ok I must have messed up and left both my vehicles unlocked last night, well some bad guys came through and went through my vehicles last night while they were parked in my driveway.

They or he rummaged through the glove box of the car and the center console of my truck. The stuff from the console of the truck was piled on the passenger’s seat, so I am guessing it was one guy or one punk. The sad part was. My vehicle registration card was on the top of the pile :?:

It is strange, they didn’t take the spare change. There were still quarters in the console along with (2) 17hmr rounds, a couple of 30-06 rifle rounds (all mine left over from squirrel and deer hunting) in the console. Along with the rifle ammo in the console I still had six boxes of 20 gauge shotgun shells left over from the duck club stored behind the passengers’ seat
So I am thinking they came across the rifle rounds and got scared, because in the truck they failed to finish the job and go through the glove box where there was a GPS, and a tactical folder blade. (If I was a punk I would have grabbed that stuff.)

So now I start thinking, it is obvious by now they know I have guns and ammo right?.

Do you think that scared him off or I should get prepped and ready for a possible home invasion or robbery attempt by him and his buddies over the next few days?
It is times like this I am glad I invested in extensive firearms training, moderate edged weapons training, a large gun safe, and my dog that likes to bark. ;)

Semper fi, Game on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Re: My vehicles were pillaged last night.

Postby Masked Marauder on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:17 am

Sounds like the perp was scared off. Keep your goodies out of your vehicle. Keep your defensive weapon within easy access when at home and in the safe when you aren't. Never answer your door without your defensive weapon, I put mine inside my belt in the small of my back.

Obtain a sign or sticker near your front door with the following text: WARNING the owner of this property is armed! There is nothing inside worth risking your life for! Now, add a picture or drawing of a Colt .45ACP, everyone knows what a .45 looks like. You can also put a similar sticker on your car/truck window near the door handles where they are easily seen.

Now the question is: if you were a perp, would you risk the chance of being confronted by said property owner? Hmmmmm?

MM
Masked Marauder

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Roger, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I say shoot the M...F...'ers, we could use a few less scumbags in the world anyway. And it's why I go to bed packing heat :!:
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby sacshooter on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:Roger, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I say shoot the M...F...'ers, we could use a few less scumbags in the world anyway. And it's why I go to bed packing heat :!:

;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks, I had a long phone call with MM, he gave me the kick in the but I needed to prep.

I haven't been this ready since news years eve 1999 :shock:

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby dwalk on Sat May 29, 2010 9:56 am

i'd guess that something "spooked" the intruder(s)...barking dog...car lights...who knows?

why would they bother taking the ammo unless the knew EXACTLY what it was and they had a use for it? besides just a few rounds, is it worth messing with to them? since they didn't take the GPS and the folder, i would suspect they were interuppted some way...

personally, i remain prepared for whatever...if they get by our rottweiler, then they gotta deal with the Colt...awareness and mental alertness are the first line of defense...
dwalk

Location: in the high desert of so cal between temecula and palm springs

Postby sacshooter on Sat May 29, 2010 4:55 pm

dwalk wrote:i'd guess that something "spooked" the intruder(s)...barking dog...car lights...who knows?

why would they bother taking the ammo unless the knew EXACTLY what it was and they had a use for it? besides just a few rounds, is it worth messing with to them? since they didn't take the GPS and the folder, i would suspect they were interuppted some way...

personally, i remain prepared for whatever...if they get by our rottweiler, then they gotta deal with the Colt...awareness and mental alertness are the first line of defense...

they may of seen the ammo and figured out I may be armed and I could come running out of the house with a gun at any time...

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Return to General Ramblings