MARAUDER on the way

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

MARAUDER on the way

Postby slink on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:54 am

Well my lovely wife has ordered a .25 cal. Marauder for me as a Xmas present. It is on the way and should be here tomorrow . I currently hunt with a Carrer 707 .25cal. So the Marauder will be up against some stiff competion for my go to gun. The downsides to the 707 for me are, the gun is heavy, loud and the trigger sucks. But the gun shoots very good.
With the Marauder I hope to have a rifle that eliminates the negatives of the 707, but does not give up to much in accuracy.
I'll post my results after I play with it a few days.
Thanks to everyone that has post on this forum, It helped me make up my mind on the gun. ( I first planed on a .22 cal.)

Thanks,
Slink
slink

Re: MARAUDER on the way

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Slink, Welcome to the family, nice to have you here. That's a very nice wife you have there :D . Well I can't speak for a 707, but word has it that the .25 Mrod is shooting very very well. Best of luck with her and we look forward to seeing the comparison. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Point Doc on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:27 am

Slink, CONGRATS...mine will arrive today and a big THANK YOU goes out to my wife as well!
Point Doc

Postby slink on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:50 am

Well the Marauder arrived yesterday,and it is a really nice looking rifle. I don't have the right fill adapter for it so it will be a few days before I get to try it out.

Slink
slink

Postby slayer1962 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 am

good luck and welcome. I have a .25 marauder and it really is getting to be my go to gun. There is a simple trigger mod that will make your trigger great for free (yes free and you can do it yourself for about ten minutes time). look for the depinger too. (basically put a piece of rubber tube from home depot in air chamber works great! Steve is the go to guy for mods he was very helpful when I got mine. :D
slayer1962

Postby slink on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Slink
slink

Postby slink on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Well I finally got the right fill adapter .........And now my hand pump has laid down on me. After ten years of faithfull service I can't really complain. It's just a bad time for it to go out. So the bottom line is I still have not been able to shoot my new Marauder. And untill I get the pump fixed , or a new one ,all of my PCP's are down.

Thanks,
Slink
slink

Postby USMCShooter on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:51 am

Slink,

Have you considered getting a tank and going to Nitrogen? I've been doing it for about 2 years now, and haven't looked back....

I rent a 500cu ft, 6000psi nitrogen tank from the local welding shop....got an expired SCBA tank from Ebay...pulled the valve and did a thorough inspection and cleaning on the tank, re-installed the valve, got both fill setups (big tank to 88cu SCBA tank, and SCBA tank to gun) from Joe Brancato, aired the SCBA tank to 3000psi...let it sit overnight, then aired it all the way up to 4500psi...let it sit for a couple of hours.....and have refilled it about 50 times since.....

The bottle rental costs me $158 per year....refills are $50.........the first time I filled the 88cu from 0-4500psi, I got about 8 refills from 3000-4500psi...and had to refill....but just topping from 3000-4500, I get about 40 refills.....

Just a thought, and it works well for me.....

s/f

Jamie
USMCShooter

Postby slink on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:28 pm

WOW!!!!! I should have taken USMC's advice. My new pump came in , and I only got to shoot a few pellets through my Marauder. But this thing is an AIR HOG!!!! I have three 12 hr. shifts ahead of me,so it will be another three days before I really get to try the Marauder out. I have only put ten pellets through the rifle so I can't really give a report on the gun.
Stay tuned.

Slink
slink

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 pm

USMCShooter wrote:....got an expired SCBA tank from Ebay...pulled the valve and did a thorough inspection and cleaning on the tank, re-installed the valve....

Hey Slink (or anyone else reading this), I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DON'T FOLLOW THIS ADVISE , there's a reason these bottles have a 15 year shelf life, many fire fighters have been killed by exploding SCBA bottles, trust me I'm in the fire service. Sure you can get these bottles for practically nothing but that doesn't make it safe. Go try and have this bottle filled at a shop somewhere, they'll tell you to keep on going. Why do you suppose that is? That's why this guy is filling it at home on his own. Opening the tank and looking inside doesn't mean squat, do a google search and learn what a Hydro test really entails and it's meaning.

If you want to follow his advice and use CO2 instead of compressed air, that's fine I don't have a problem with that. But please don't use an expired SBCA bottle, it's just not safe. It's not worth it! Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Next

Return to .25 Cal Marauders