I really need a new handpump:(

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

I really need a new handpump:(

Postby Nickdizonc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi all, After 3 months and a numerous rebuilds, my Benjamin pump has died. I bought it used so it had some wear and tear from the beginning. Being a PCP and hand pump NOOB, I did not pump slow and steady as you should, instead opting to pump as fast and as powerfully as I could regardless of how hot the pump became. needless to say my pump is no more. Due to cash flow constraints and my 2year old son now going to daycare I don't have the extra funds to purchase a new pump as I recently splurged on a new .25. I shoot everyday after work and this hobby has been one of the few things I find the greatest joy in doing outside of being with my son. I wanted to reach out to the community to see if there was possibly anyone who no longer uses their hand pump if they would be willing to send it to me. I can pay for shipping so there would be no out of pocket costs to the sender. Shooting has become a integral part of my life recently and has proven to be a great stress reliever and just simply makes me happy. I'm currently in the process of getting a divorce so this hobby couldn't have come at a better time. If anyone wanted to trade for ammo I could do that as well. I only have .22 cal ammo for trade FYI. I will likely have no discretionary funds for some time as I have a hefty amount of legal fees upcoming that will keep me in a holding pattern so hopefully some of the good folks in the community have a spare pump. My Mrod and the sport are my escape from the stress and struggles of everyday life so I do not want to lose that if I can help it. thanks in advance for your consideration. If I don't get any offers, I understand. I figure if anyone would understand where I'm coming from, it would be the good fellas Here.

Nick
Nickdizonc

Re: I really need a new handpump:(

Postby RayK » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Wow!

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. It seems many (maybe all) of my airgun buddies have spouse troubles.

I also have a young son (2.5 years old) and know what you mean about the joy he brings - along with airgunning.

I wish I could help, but my Benji pump is also in need of another rebuild (and I still use it sometimes).

How do you know it is not re-buildable?

Ray
25 W-rod | 8 shots @ 70 FPE -2% | 3100 fill
25 M-rod | 40 shots @ 35 FPE -4% | 3100 fill
22 M-rod | 51 shots @ 25 FPE -4% | 3100 fill
17 M-rod | 60 shots @ 19 FPE -4% | 2500 fill
25 P_rod | 16 shots @ 28 FPE -4% | 2100 fill
RayK

Postby Barnydaddy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Too late.
I sold my spare (100% new) on Saturday at the NorCal Airgun show.
My other one is three years old and is not going anywhere.
I have used it everyday for most of those three years, too.
Son is in daycare, huh?
My boys stayed home until 1st grade.
Married 43 years.
The only promise I made was to keep her barefoot and pregnant.
Not too late.
IMHO
Marauder Rifle, .177
Marauder Rifle,.25
Crosman 1720T
Crosman 2300KT
TX200 MKIII, .177
Beeman R1, .177
Tempest, .177
Blue Streak .20
RWS48, .177
Tempest .177
Red Ryder w/Rifleman Mod
Bug-a-Salt
Barnydaddy

Location: Between San Francisco and Sacramento by Jelly Belly and Budweiser

Postby caniborrowsomeammo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Sun Optics will rebuild it to factory spec for around $25
caniborrowsomeammo

Postby RayK » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:28 pm

That's pretty reasonable, but don't you have shipping costs too?

A set of o-rings can't be that much - unless you buy them from Crosman.

Ray
25 W-rod | 8 shots @ 70 FPE -2% | 3100 fill
25 M-rod | 40 shots @ 35 FPE -4% | 3100 fill
22 M-rod | 51 shots @ 25 FPE -4% | 3100 fill
17 M-rod | 60 shots @ 19 FPE -4% | 2500 fill
25 P_rod | 16 shots @ 28 FPE -4% | 2100 fill
RayK

Postby Nickdizonc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks for the replies all. As funny as it sounds this forum really does make me feel better during challenging times. My son just turned 2 and my soon to be ex was a stay at home mom but with the transition she's back in the workforce so my precious son will now be raised by strangers for 10 hrs a day:( In any event, the pump has been to hell and back as it's been rebuilt a bunch and is just no longer smooth to operate as it's been thrown around and the cylinder isn't perfectly straight anymore so I need to find a fill solution pronto. I thought I was ahead of the game by trying to trade for a hill pump before the demise of my benji pump but the thing went "kaput" sooner than I had thought. I'd rather have a newer pump anyway as I already bought this none used. now that I have a by more experience, I can take much better care of a new pump and really maintain it properly and regularly. Hoping someone can trade or donate a pump, even lend is fine just until I have a bit of wiggle room in my finances to purchase a Hill pump. Full time daycare in CA is 1250/mo. And that was an expense that blindsided me so without some help I'm SOL for the meantime as far as filling options. Today was the first day in about 3 months I didnt Happily fondle and fire my Mrod because I was without an air supply. And it sucked. hopefully someone can help a fellow Mrod enthusiast out. Shooting and tuning is a great outlet and hobby for me because for those few hours I'm in a place that feels like home. Please ask around if you know anyone looking to donate their pump. I would be most thankful. cheers guys:)
Nickdizonc

Postby tefloncoated » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:16 am

Perhaps trading one of your other toys for a nice used pump is an option? You were describing in another post that you had a sound moderator and a shroud extension that both do the same thing...
tefloncoated

Postby doug123 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Ebay has pump rebuild kits, I found a list somewhere? I think I ordered enough for many rebuilds with Silcone lube was about 25.00
doug123

Postby Nickdizonc » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:29 am

@tefloncoated I'm trying bro. I was even willing to trade my .22 with all valve and spring upgrades just for a used Hill MK3 or MK4 pump. no dice. People need their air supplies. and sadly, I now know precisely why:(
Nickdizonc

Postby Barnydaddy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:58 am

Nick,
Sounds like this will be a not too friendly divorce. :?:
You know, in California, that rifle belongs to your wife, too. :shock:

Hide it. :idea:

Quick! ;)
Marauder Rifle, .177
Marauder Rifle,.25
Crosman 1720T
Crosman 2300KT