Ads for marauder .25

.25 Air Efficiency

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Re: .25 Air Efficiency

Postby FuzzyGrub » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:32 am

Bob,

See my thread: http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11101

If you did same mods, I suspect you would get another two shots at your power level with stock airtube. Maybe three if you are extremely lucky, or can accept a higher Es. Then, if you double the air volume with a bottle, you would double the shots.

A 4" longer barrel would certainly help with efficiency, but suspect it is off the table at this point, due to the cost.
John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, 1720T Camp Carbine, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Postby Bob La Londe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:35 am

Nickdizonc wrote:I've modded all my Mrod's before I even took the first shot on some. Little didnI realize the stock gun is pretty awesome as is...just my 2 cents:)
Actually I wasn't to unhappy with my .177 using the A-Team tune before I modified anything else. I got 23-24 very powerful shots in a nice string. Velocity was more a ragged curve than a pretty curve though. I regulated and I got almost 30 shots at the same tune with a ragged line instead of a ragged curve. LOL. When I drilled out the transfer port it was like whole different class of gun. Yes, I agree. They can shoot fairly well with a little adjustment out of the box, but some tuning can make them soooooo much better.

Back to the stock guns. I ran into a guy out at the range one day who had found a Marauder at a garage sale. He came over an talked to me a bit. I had my Chrony (I like my Pro Chono so much better) and some tools in the truck so I pulled up the A-Team tune on my cell phone and showed him how to adjust the gun. We tweaked it a little and he was shooting a longer shot string than I was with my regulated Marauder before I drilled out the port. I was impressed but obviously the performance can vary some from gun to gun. I let him use my Chrony for a while, and I went back over to shoot with the family members I'ld brought to the range. When we were ready to leave he brought over my tool and my Chrony. He had the prettiest smooth bell curves I had ever seen with hardly any spikes or troughs. He was shooting about the same power level as I was getting, more shoots, and more consistent speed then I was with my regulated gun. I would have offered to buy it from him on the spot if I wouldn't have guilty about it if he sold. LOL. He bugs me from time to time about various mods, (especially since I got that really flat 120 shot string) but I keep encouraging him to leave his gun exactly the way it is. Bone stock and shoots really well.

My .25 on the other hand is almost stock still. I will bottle it. I've just been really busy making lure molds lately. I put a 10 spring in it, and lightened the hammer. Lightening the hammer wasn't about weight though. It was to get rid of all those nasty grooves left by Crosman. Well, most of them. I left a ring in the front and rear so the sear could catch and the hammer would stay centered in the tube. I shot it quite a bit when it was stock though. It had about 8 really hard shots. Shots that would spin a pistol or rimfire spinner at 40 yards. I'm actually hoping to get 25 shots +/- at the same speed w 25.4gr as I shoot with 10.65s in the .177. Its about power in part, but its also about ballistics. I'm hoping to not have to constantly relearn where its going to hit when I switch guns. And... I am hoping eventually to find that thing or combination of things that makes the .25 more efficient like I did with the .177.
CNC Molds N Stuff
http://www.cncmolds.com

.177 XSB50
.177 Srod Reg-Extnsn-Prt .1405
.25 Srod Sprg & Hmr
.22 Hatsan 155
.177 NP BLECH!
.177 Metal Daisy 880
.177 Plastic Daisy 880
.177 Crosman 760 Plastic Alu Spring Guide
.22 Crosman Model 1
Bob La Londe

Postby Nickdizonc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Just as Alan McD told me a while back, you've been bitten by the Mrod Bug:) Mod to your hearts content my friend. lifes too short and modding the mrod is an addictive and oh so satisfying hobby when you get it just the way you want. I'm on the same boat so I know the feeling well. Happy tuning brother!
Nickdizonc

Previous

Return to .25 Cal Marauders