A pellet got jammed! Newbee needs some advice.

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

A pellet got jammed! Newbee needs some advice.

Postby smandel on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm new to this forum and a relatively new air gunner. I made a deep plunge and got the .25. I hand pumped it up to 2000 (geeez, I'm outta shape - thank goodness a tank is on the way to me!) and put the clip in and fired a shot or two while trying to sight in the scope.

A pellet then jammed. I could see it in the tiny crack between the magazine and the barrel. I could not use the bolt to move it forward, it was blocked by some part of the magazine and I could not remove the magazine. I didn't want to disassemble the rifle since I'm so new at this and didn't want to send it back.

So, I choose to break the plastic magazine. I have two on the way to me as spares so figured this was the least cost/trouble way to get out of the situation. I then cleared the pellet and continued to use the gun by loading single shots.

I'm sure I did some stupid thing(s), what was it? Anyone else ever get a jammed pellet stuck in the magazine in the manner I described? And, an unrelated question, anyone ever tried one of the "holographic" sights? I believe that the Marauder has 11mm rails, is that correct? Would any of the holographic sights fit?

Thanks and looking forward to participating and learning (of which I have much to do).

Steve
smandel

Re: A pellet got jammed! Newbee needs some advice.

Postby smandel on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I just saw a post on this topic in the General forum. Seems like there might be a couple of causes. I could have been moving the bolt too hard and or possibly I did not have the magazine inserted correctly - but I did hear the "click" when it seated. Also, maybe it is the pellet but I doubt it.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Steve
smandel

Postby Supercharged86 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Hey Steve, Welcome aboard. Since you were sure of the "click" then it's safe to say the mag was inserted correctly, at the moment the only thing I can think of is that perhaps that one pellet was loaded upside down into the magazine??? It can sometimes happen if your rushing and not paying close attention. You may want to pick up a .25 cleaning rod kit or wooden dowel length to clear any future jams, this way you don't have to keep busting mags. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby smandel on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the quick reply. In this case if I had a cleaning rod of some sort it might have helped in that I could have maybe pushed it back into the magazine.

Thanks,

Steve
smandel

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 am

Good Luck Steve, Keep us posted with the new Mrod. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby USMCShooter on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 am

Steve,

Was it near the end of the magazine? Ie, last couple of rounds? Both of the mags that I've got had small casting flash markings on the star that caused them to hang the last couple of pellets between openings....I took them apart and took some fine (400 grit) sandpaper and sanded down the points on the star, taking any casting flash off, then I rolled the sandpaper and smoothed the inside of the mag (black part)....the problems were quickly solved doing this....I've read on other forums where people have had the same problems with the .25 mags.....it was a quick and easy fix for me....

s/f

Jamie
USMCShooter

Postby smandel on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Jamie, thanks. I have two new mags coming on Wednesday and I'll inspect them carefully.

Steve
smandel

Return to .25 Cal Marauders