.25 JSB EXACT KINGS

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

.25 JSB EXACT KINGS

Postby slink on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:13 am

The weather has improved to the point that I have been able to go out and shoot my new Maurader. I have shot Benjamins,Kodiak's and JSB's. It is clear that my gun likes the JSB's. However the tin of JSB's that I have has alot of damaged pellets. I am culling about 25% for bent skirts. To be fair the tin did arrive with dent in it, and I hope that this tin is not the norm. If you shoot JSB's, is this the norm? or did I just get a bad tin?
I wish my gun liked the Kodiak's, they look very nice and uniform, but it is what it is.
Thanks,

Slink
slink

Re: .25 JSB EXACT KINGS

Postby Gerry on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:58 am

I have noticed the same thing. The skirts seem to be out of round. Most seem to shoot OK, but there is an occasional flyer.
Not sure if this is the norm though because I am new here and this is my first tin. My gun likes them as well.
Gerry

Postby DaveShooter on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Gerry wrote:I have noticed the same thing. The skirts seem to be out of round. Most seem to shoot OK, but there is an occasional flyer.
Not sure if this is the norm though because I am new here and this is my first tin. My gun likes them as well.
Try ya some #3 Hornady buckshot in your 25 Mrod. I know I am gonna try some at distance when the weather breaks for sure man does that stuff hit harder than the 31.2 H&N's at close range can't wait to shoot 25 to 50 yds with o'le #3 Buck. I guess it is the o'le muzzloader coming out in me.lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaveShooter

Postby wahoowad on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 am

slink wrote: If you shoot JSB's, is this the norm? or did I just get a bad tin?

I've been through 2 tins of JSB Kings so far and did not have a problem with many bent skirts. I think you got a tin that was handled roughly.
wahoowad

Postby hi-vel on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 am

I rec'vd a tin from AoA and one from Pyramid. Total culls was about 10 pellets from each. One tin has a dent in a bottom corner, but the pellets inside were still obviously in good shape. As a side note- my .25's actually have less variation than my .22's. I suspect you got a bad tin- who made it that way is the question.

JSB is doing a good job from the small sampling I am seeing. Now- about that delivery guy..... :D
hi-vel

Postby slink on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks, Im glad to hear that. The pellets that are not damaged really group very well out of my Marauder. The weather has been bad, so I have only been able to shoot a few groups. But the JSB's shoot really nice groups at 40 yds.

Thanks,
Slink
slink

Postby slink on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:10 am

DaveShooter wrote:
Gerry wrote:I have noticed the same thing. The skirts seem to be out of round. Most seem to shoot OK, but there is an occasional flyer.
Try ya some #3 Hornady buckshot in your 25 Mrod. I know I am gonna try some at distance when the weather breaks for sure man does that stuff hit harder than the 31.2 H&N's at close range can't wait to shoot 25 to 50 yds with o'le #3 Buck. I guess it is the o'le muzzloader coming out in me.lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know how well they group at 40 yards.

Thanks,
Slink
slink

Postby DaveShooter on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:08 am

slink wrote:
DaveShooter wrote:

Let me know how well they group at 40 yards.

Thanks,
Slink
Sure will- Gonna wait til warmer weather to shoot some distance with this puppy. What I have been reading these meaning #3 buckshot shoot good for ranges of 20 to 25 yds. Again that is from past reviews on the yellowforum. Also it depends imho each rifle likes or dis-likes certain ammo where as 1 rifle may shoot it better than another one. I found this out yrs ago when a friend and I had the exact same crossbow with the same bolt and broadhead. My point is my bow shot them great, I even harvested a nice deer that year. His my friends bow wouldn't shoot spit with the same set-up. I guess thats just the way it is. I know go figure. :D
DaveShooter

Postby slayer1962 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 am

Buck shot works nicely at feeder distance for me. I have not tried long distance but 15 yards it finds a squirrels head nicely. :o
slayer1962

Postby DaveShooter on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:35 am

slayer1962 wrote:Buck shot works nicely at feeder distance for me. I have not tried long distance but 15 yards it finds a squirrels head nicely. :o
I bet that tree nutter feels the love when it gets hit with that round ball. I Love it!
:D :lol:
DaveShooter

Next

Return to .25 Cal Marauders