.25 Kodiaks ??

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

.25 Kodiaks ??

Postby Grizzy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Everyone.
I'm new to the forum and to a .25 MARAUDER with some JSB Kings (they should be here Friday :D ). I'm used to .22 cal. Airforce rifles with Kodiak pellets. Neither has let me down and I've had extreme accuracy, penetration and terminal results with those pellets. My question is, how are the Kodiaks doing in the MROD .25 ? I don't see many of you guys using them?????? Any advice or info is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks and I'm REALLLY looking forward to my rifle and meeting new friends here.

Frank
Grizzy

Re: .25 Kodiaks ??

Postby slink on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 am

I have used them. They shoot only fair out of my Marauder. The JSB's are by far the best shooters out of my marauder. I have only tried three different pellets. JSB's,Kodiak's and Benjamins. I had high hopes for the Kodiaks, they are such a nice clean,uniform pellet. They just dont group very well out of my Marauder. However my 707 loves the Kodiak's. Every gun is different , you will just have to find the pellet that your gun likes.

Slink
slink

Postby Grizzy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks Slink.
I was just thinking (hoping) that maybe a mid-weight but heavier pellet was in use by some of you (with great results). Does it really matter to look for a heavier one now that I'm stepping up to the .25 ?
Grizzy

Postby COYOTEJIM on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 pm

The Kodiaks did'nt group out of my gun either, but the H&N Barracudas are real close in accuracy to the JSB Kings, the Benjamin domed group great also.

Shot a coyote at 50yrds with the Barracudas, hit him in the neck, droped like a stone, I'm sure I instantly paralized him. Two more to the head and he was toast.
COYOTEJIM

Postby Hammer DT on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Kodiaks not so good, but Eun Jin 43.2 are very accurate in my .25.I think they are a little more accurate than the Jsb's for me.They are slower but I can get a 16 shot group at about 50 yds.on the same fill up around 1/2 inch group. I know It maybe hard to believe but its true.
Hammer DT

Postby Roger on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Derek, What is the velocity of the Eun Jin hunting pellets, are you sure that they are 43.2gr.?

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Postby Grizzy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Good stuff guys !! I was going to ask the same about the Eun Jins (weight and velocity). It's got my attention !!

Thanks and KEEP THE INFO COMING !!
Grizzy

Postby sacshooter on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 pm

http://varmintair.typepad.com/varmintai ... diaks.html

Some people like them, I think they shoot ok in my Marauder .25

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby Grizzy on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks ! Good article Roger.

I guess it may be "iffy" with the Kodiaks and the only way to find out is to the spend some money on 'em. I'm going to take the other advice from you guys and depend on JSB's and Barracudas.........for now.
Grizzy

Postby slink on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Good Luck,
I think you will like your .25 Marauder. I am not an expert on PCP's, but I have owned a few. I have had two Theoben rapid 12's. And I now own a 707 .25cal. and a 707 carbine .22. I can only speak for the Marauder that I own, but it has been an awesom rifle so far. I hope I can say the same thing a year from now. I hunt squirrel's with squirrel dogs, and the Marauder has been great for that. Some have had a few complaints,for the most part I think they are just "Knit Picking". I am amazed that a sub $500 gun would perform so well. My Theoben's were nice guns and very accurate. But they were not without issues. One came in that would not shoot a .22 cal. pellet above 700fps. I had to call the factory in England, they said to put washers behind the hammer spring. It worked, but GOOD LORD this was a $1500 gun!!!!! On the next one the clips would not go in the gun unless I sanded some of the plastic off of the clip. The 707's have been very reliable, but the trigger is terrible and they have no sling swivels.
My hats off to Crosman for building this gun, I thought the American airgun industry would never come around.
Good Luck,

Slink
slink

Next

Return to .25 Cal Marauders