hi guys i just saw GAMO commercial they can kill the hog...

This area is dedicated to the .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

hi guys i just saw GAMO commercial they can kill the hog...

Postby elevensun on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:08 am

can we do that too?the marauder have
elevensun

Re: hi guys i just saw GAMO commercial they can kill the hog...

Postby wlambert on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:14 am

I suspect that under exactly the right conditions, a pellet rifle will kill a hog, but I don't think it is a sporting thing to attempt. Many years ago my brother-in-law, then, in his teens wanted to cook a pig for a New Years Eve Party. His dad was a farmer, so getting a pig was no problem. However we needed to convert it from a live pig to a dead pig. I was elected to shoot the pig in the head with my High Standard Supermatic Citation with a 10" barrel.

The farmer marked a spot between the pigs eyes with purple horse liniment and put food in the pig trough. I took aim and shot the pig right in the spot. The pig let out a horrible scream and reared back, far from dead. The farmer finally got on the pig and slit it's throat with a knife. That finished off the pig fairly quickly.

Now if a .22 long rifle between the eyes wouldn't put a pig down, I don't think a pellet would have any chance at all. A pigs brain case is pretty tough.

I would be interested to know exactly how GAMO did it. Possibly if you put the pellet precisely in the ear canal, or possibly there is a weak spot at the base of the scull. Bottom line, I don't think shooting hogs with a pellet rifle is a very humane activity and I think the GAMO commercial was a bad idea.

wlambert
wlambert

Postby ran007 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:58 am

It's true. Here's a screen shot of the commercial.

Randall
.22 Marauder, 80cf SCUBA Tank, Benjamin yoke adapter, Leapers 5th Gen 6-24x50. Pellet: H&N Baracuda Match 21.14gr, 5.51mm - 1/2" group @ 50 yards, 2400-1500psi.
ran007

Postby sacshooter on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 am

When GAMO did that, they lost a lot of respect from true airgunners. I wonder how many pigs didn't go down on the first shot / take :?:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby DaveShooter on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:34 pm

If ya check Crosmans web site Jim Shockey's Daughter Eva shot a 150 lb hog in texas with a 25 Mrod. Coupe fellows shot and killed a yote with a 24 mrod and another shot a fox with a 22 cal mrod. Shoot the hog in the eye and it'll go down. it will be lights out.
DaveShooter

Postby Lammy1000 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:31 pm

This marketing is wrong in so many ways. True sportsmen would never not have enough gun.
Lammy1000

Return to .25 Cal Marauders