WANNA MAKE IT EVEN QUIETER ?????

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Re: WANNA MAKE IT EVEN QUIETER ?????

Postby eddielee70 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 am

is shroud, baffles, end caps ready available to order from crosman? how much if someone who have order before can tell us?

I like to order another sets for my .25 marauder to test out. don't want to mod the original marauder parts and can't order parts for it, if I mess it up.

I was thinking to order .22 barrel, .22 bolt, .22 oring along with extra shroud, 8 baffles to play with, and end caps.
eddielee70

Postby USMCShooter on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:38 am

I've hushed my .25 Waaay down....to .22 levels....I moved the rear shroud mount forward 2.7 inches (two baffles length), and added two baffles....to fill the space, I turned a delrin spacer down to .880 (shroud diameter) O.D., and .500 ID (barrel diameter).....hard to tell there's a spacer there at all as they match that closely....but it hushed it down VERY nicely....

One thing I did do though, to anchor the shroud mount was to drill a small divot to give the grub screw something to bite on so the air pressure wouldn't cause it to slip.....

If you want the gun quieter, and don't really care about there being a space where you can see the barrel, you can always just move it forward and add the baffles....

Just thought I'd share.

s/f

Jamie
USMCShooter

Postby Vakeiros on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:06 pm

one way to quiet ALOT more the marauder is modifying the baffles...

i found this because today i noticed that my marauder was making more noise then usual, when i took the shroud of to clean the barrel i noticed that all baffles were broken! don't ask me how this happened maybe a bad pellet honestly i don't know, so i cutted of the wall of the baffles where the pellet hole is located and keeped the tubes, made 3 (i only have 3 baffles due to LW big barrel) rubber (2.5mm thickness) washes with 20mm diameter and a center hole with 6mm (for .177 pellet) inserted a baffle tube then a washer another tube another washer last tube and last washer and the end cap. Well this thing is QUIET even with only 3 baffles, the only thing that can be listen is the hammer beat on the valve!

regards
Vakeiros

Previous

Return to Marauder Mods