Marauder Bolt Handle

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Marauder Bolt Handle

Postby sacshooter on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:16 pm

The Masked Marauder made this for my marauder. For the record this is his orginal design. it works well if you are using med or high rings.

It is made to be used with two fingers in a twist and pull motion. The cool part is it can be operated with the left or right hand.

Roger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Re: Marauder Bolt Handle

Postby Shamsher on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:36 pm

That's great, a rubber sleeve would make easy on the fingers.
Just a suggestion

ss
www.thegungeek.com
Shamsher

Postby Teryx on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Looks nice! I'm planning something similar for mine too. From day one I realized that the bolt works smoother in a "pull from center" mode. I haven't decided exactly how I want to implement it yet. I'm leaning more towards a specially shaped pull knob with a flat that your fingers slip over and then pull the bolt back. One thing at a time though :D

Teryx
Teryx

Postby BrerBob on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey Roger - I like the center pull. How is it attached?

Bob

BrerBob

Postby Perforator on Fri May 28, 2010 9:59 am

Greeting everyone. New here. Just got my .22 Mrod yesterday. After the first three clips I started thinking left handed bolt. This is a great ambidextrous design. Put me down for one in black. Function before form but both is nice. :D
Perforator

Postby murphology on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Hello,Masked Marauder:
Is it possible to arrange a purchase of one of these?
Thanks, Murphy at [email protected]
murphology

Postby Jaymo on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 pm

How do you remove the Marauder bolt handle? I need to make one of these ambidextrous handles, since I'm a lefty, and my Marauder is not.
Jaymo

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:16 am

Jaymo wrote:How do you remove the Marauder bolt handle? I need to make one of these ambidextrous handles, since I'm a lefty, and my Marauder is not.

Jaymo, Simply unscrew the small allen head machine screw, part #26, on the left side of the breech, be careful there's a small bushing, part # 24, on this machine screw. VERY IMPORTANT: When pulling the bolt handle out, be sure it's left in the down or closed position. Otherwise, the bolt plunger assembly, part #7, which is located on the top rear of the breech will get caught in the threaded machine screw hole (in the bolt). This plunger assembly engages a small detent in the bolt handle in order to keep it tightly closed. You'll see what I'm talking about once you remove the bolt. When reinstalling, insert the bolt with the handle end in the down position, there's a little bit of resistance as the bolt pushes up on that little plunger assembly that hangs down from the top of the breech. Otherwise, it's a piece of cake. Cheers. Steve

Ps. You may what to call Crosman to see if they still have any of the original bolts laying around, the original prototype Mrods had a left handed bolt.
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Jaymo on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Steve, thanks. I think I see what you mean about how to remove the bolt from the gun. Now, how do you remove the bolt handle from the bolt? Is it even removable from the bolt or is it made as one piece?

I'll have to call Crosman and see if they have any of the original handles.
I just got my Marauder a couple of days ago and I am thinking about selling off most of my springers. This is one sweet air rifle.
I can't get over how quiet it is.

If you really want to pimp it you could turn grooves in the handle for O-rings. I think some heat-shrink tubing or some surgical tubing would be good on the handle.
Jaymo

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Hey Jaymo, The originals one's were pressed in, which lead to a whole load of broken bolt handles as they loosened up after awhile. I now believe they're epoxy'd in to avoid coming loose??? Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Return to Marauder Mods