Velocity port access hole

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Re: Velocity port access hole

Postby DaveShooter on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 am

Supercharged86 wrote:Randall, the other two adjustments that you'll play with are the hammer stroke length and hammer pre-load, both from the rear end cap. I choose to leave the brass jam-screw out all the time, this way making adjustments through the new access hole are easier. If after finding the right combination of settings you want to throw the jam-screw back in, that's fine. But I've never had the VP screw change on it's own even after hundreds of shots. Just take your time and measure precisely, keeping the hole to a minimum and it will all look fine when your done. Cheers. Steve

ps. If you need further assistance with this, just send me a PM :D
Steve I was wondering if and when you leave the jam nut out does or do the velocity screw move or travel on ya? I didn't know if the harmonics of the rifle when dis-charged would be an issue as far as the adjustmen screw moving all over the place on a person. Thanks Steve :D
DaveShooter

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:38 am

Hi Dave, I have had this mod since last April and over a 1000 shots to date, the VP screw has never moved. I don't think you'll have any problems with leaving the jam screw out. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby DaveShooter on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:Hi Dave, I have had this mod since last April and over a 1000 shots to date, the VP screw has never moved. I don't think you'll any problems with leaving the jam screw out. Cheers. Steve

Thanks for the input or info.Thinking about getting another 177Mrod to keep the new 25 Mrod compny :D
DaveShooter

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:53 am

DaveShooter wrote:Thanks for the input or info.Thinking about getting another 177Mrod to keep the new 25 Mrod compny :D

Hey Dave, I'll trade you a nicely tuned .177 and 5000 pellets for the .25 ;) . I guess you can never have too many, right? Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby DaveShooter on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:
DaveShooter wrote:Thanks for the input or info.Thinking about getting another 177Mrod to keep the new 25 Mrod compny :D

Hey Dave, I'll trade you a nicely tuned .177 and 5000 pellets for the .25 ;) . I guess you can never have too many, right? Steve

Buddy I would but I just got this thing. Gonna have to wait on the next pcp for awhile. Really am thinking about getting another handgun as I do have my ccw permit. Yesterday a guy was treating a gal really rough in a car they were parked at the grocery store. He the guy followed me into the store as i walked in,and waited for me to come out. His girl friend was also at the door I asked if she was alright. She informed me he was caught cheating at about that time the guy comes in behind me. Her face was blood raw red.I kept on walking to my truck. got into it drove off and called 911 as something didn't feel right about it all. I drove on down the street to gas station drove back passed the grocery store where I was 1-st at 2 cop cars were their. I stopped back in and told the officer I was the one that called in. The cop and gal that was getting all kinds of abuse thanked me. I watched in my rear view mirror to see if the nut case was gonna follow me. Thankfully he didn't. I dodn't want to have to shoot anyone but I would if someone tried to hurt my family or me without a 2nd thot. It is really bad when a person cannot even go to the grocery store without running into a crazied nut.
DaveShooter

Previous

Return to Marauder Mods