Vented Shroud to Reduce Noise

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Re: Vented Shroud to Reduce Noise

Postby Supercharged86 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:16 pm

rgratton08 wrote:some were asking for picks of the muzzle brake mod. see http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/v ... f=28&t=871 under mod/i changed a few things on my 25 cal.

Hey, added the pic for you. Looks awesome. Any chance in making a few to sell? Thanks. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby tjbryner on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Red lines are two rows of .070 holes drilled. They off set each other and are spaced out about .14, The front of the baffles are .070. except the front baffle it has no holes in the front.

I also removed the barrel o-ring to help it vent to the rear of the tube easier.

I will be testing holes drilled in to the tube to vent the air pressure outside, later this month.
tjbryner

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:30 pm

rgratton08 wrote:some were asking for picks of the muzzle brake mod. see viewtopic.php?f=28&t=871 under mod/i changed a few things on my 25 cal.

Just curious, could you turn down the end cap and thread it to the required 1/2"x 28 tpi, as opposed to shortening the MB, or is really "6 of one half dozen of another"? Thanks. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby 22marauder22 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:57 pm

I have a suggestion to add. Maybe you have done this, but it looks from the photos that you are drilling the shroud vents on the wrong end of the shroud. They should not be near the muzzle, but near the shooter, creating a longer path for exhausting gases.

These days, seems like most designs use baffles. Older suppressors used small holes drilled into the distal end along a barrel sized tube within the device, around this was a diffuser of some sort like fine mesh screen wrapped around this tube. The next layer was the outer cover of the suppressor and had large holes drilled into the proximal end of this outer tube. I cannot find a good illustration of this, but you get the idea. The design works quite well.

Do you know if replacement shrouds are available to purchase separately (for experimentation)? If so, how much? And another question - can a LONGER shroud be purchased for experimentation?!?

Modification of the barrel could aid in suppression also. How much are extra barrels?
22marauder22

Previous

Return to Marauder Mods