depinger

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

depinger

Postby dwalk on Fri May 28, 2010 4:24 pm

has anyone done a tutorial/pictorial on how to install a depinger in a marauder? :?:
dwalk

Location: in the high desert of so cal between temecula and palm springs

Re: depinger

Postby dwalk on Fri May 28, 2010 4:45 pm

dwalk

Location: in the high desert of so cal between temecula and palm springs

Postby DaveShooter on Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 pm

dwalk wrote:disregard...i found it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUE3c9GxkHU
Thats a good one. They also had one on the yellowforum in reguards to depengers as well. I notice since I put hex-head screw in back of my Mrods seems to help with the db's slightly as far as after noise.
DaveShooter

Postby don on Sun May 30, 2010 6:26 pm

The video is easy to understand, I have one question the video doesn't answer. How long is the piece of plastic tubing, from the looks of it in the video my guess would be about three inches. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Don
don

Postby foxback on Sun May 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Two inches is what guys use.
And that what I used also.

No more ping. :shock:

foxback

Postby don on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks for the info, I installed the depinger last night, It's a nice mod that's easy to do. I found it easier to roll the tubing tighter after I soaked it in hot water to soften it up.

Happy Trails, Don
don

Postby RayK on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:27 pm

I wouldn't soak it in water. You don't want to get any moisture in your air chamber.
I used the recommended length (I think 1.5 inches) and cut out the excess so it just fit in the tube.
So far, it works great.

I did find it is useful to use the barrel band just to loosen the end plug, then I used a 7/16" deep socket with extension to remove the entire plug.
I used the same socket setup to reinstall, then used the barrel band to do the final tighten down.
The barrel band is a pain to use for more than the first loosen or last tighten because you hae to tighten then loosen the two set screws to get it to hold the filler plug.

Ray
RayK

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:01 am

don wrote:Thanks for the info, I installed the depinger last night, It's a nice mod that's easy to do. I found it easier to roll the tubing tighter after I soaked it in hot water to soften it up.

Happy Trails, Don

If need be I would use a hair dryer to soften the vinyl tubing, not hot water. Like Ray said, you definately don't want any moisture in the air tube. Cheers.
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby don on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:27 am

I agree, the hair dryer is a better route. I did dry it off real good, when I installed it. I don't think the chamber is completely moisture free, depending on the relative humidity when it is filled. If your filling from a scuba tank, dive shops should use a dryer when filling tanks although moisture in tanks is a common problem. When you you have your tank visually inspected each year, moisture damage for aluminum tanks and rust for steel tanks is the most common reason for failure.

Don
don

Postby ssscottg on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi

I did the vinyl tube depinger mod last weekend. It worked great. The youtube bit helped with the install.

Scott
ssscottg

Next

Return to Marauder Mods