depinger

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Re: depinger

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 am

fronzman wrote:Has anyone done the vinyl tubing depinger, but instead of rolling it up in a spiral, cut it precisely so the cut ends meet? Essentially it would just be a smaller diameter tube that fits very tightly in the air chamber...the cut ends pushing on each other would provide the pressure on the walls.

I'm thinking this would take up less volume...but would be really hard to remove.

Hey Fronzman, Welcome to the forum, nice to have you here. I have done it both ways and have settled on the way your inquiring about; cut down to the exact inside ID. This seemed to work better as it fits tighter against the tube wall. With the 1 1/4" ID tubing you cut a fair amount off, I also made it a little longer than normal, about 3". The only downside to this version is it's a little more difficult to remove, otherwise, I think it worked better. Good luck. Cheers. Steve

ps. Be careful not to nick the o-ring against the tube threads (very poor design in my opinion) when reinstalling the fill cap assembly,
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Re: depinger

Postby fronzman on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:20 am

Great..that's what I'll do then! Thanks...

So dumb question...what's the best way to cut the tubing? The guy at Lowes had this nifty tube cutting tool. It goes through it like butter. But I don't have one. I tried a razor and it works...but cutting straight...well easier said than done I guess. Also do I need to lubricate the vinyl tube a bit?
fronzman

Previous

Return to Marauder Mods