Marauder Replacement Pressure Gauge

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Marauder Replacement Pressure Gauge

Postby Jason on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Even before I bought it, I knew that I'd be replacing the pressure gauge on the Marauder. The one that came on it is passable, as almost all factory pressure gauges are, but not great. The consensus among the various forums was that the Dwyer gauge was the best of the smaller diameter gauges that would just drop it. The brown truck brought mine today so I swapped it out tonight. It's much easier to read precisely, and as a bonus it matches what the pressure gauge on my FX pump says pretty well also. Here's a shot of the two side-by-side. Sorry for the glare from the camera flash. I was in a hurry taking the picture.

I bought it directly from the Dwyer Instruments website. It's part number SGC-15.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/Prod ... e=Ordering

The gauge itself only costs $9.50, but it costs $8.75 to ship and $1.57 tax for a total of $19.82 to my door. I somewhat wish that I had just opened up the hold in the stock a bit more and used one of the larger, more detailed gauges for that price. For what this gauge is, though, it's great.
Jason

Re: Marauder Replacement Pressure Gauge

Postby BrerBob on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:44 am

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering about where to get a better gauge. Mine seems to be getting more inaccurate as time goes by. Now it's off by 300 hundred psi.

BrerBob

Re: Marauder Replacement Pressure Gauge

Postby esims on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:07 am

I bought two of these 3000psi gauges from Dwyer a while back. The lady who took my order said they had about 60 in stock and when that stock ran out they would be dropping it from their line. I guess if you want one, now's the time.
esims

Return to Marauder Mods