Finally did the depinger to my 25 mrod..

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Finally did the depinger to my 25 mrod..

Postby DaveShooter on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:55 am

What a difference it made to that rifle. I love it nice and alot quiter than before. :D :D :D
DaveShooter

Re: Finally did the depinger to my 25 mrod..

Postby RayK on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Cool! I didn mine before I first fired it, but I already heard the ping on my buddy's Marauder and I found it really annoying.

The other mod that is really important is to remove the lawyer spring from the trigger mechanism.

And I like being able to teather my Marauder to either of my scuba tanks for long shooting sessions.

With my 19 cubic foot pony, I can shoot about 300 pellets without change in POI. It is small and light which works well for hunting.

And with my high pressure steel 120 cubic foot tank, I can charge my marauder for so many fills, I can't keep count.

Only mod I have planned is to add two more baffles to my shroud using the Greg Davis technqiue of moving the shroud mount forward on the barrel enough to allow two more stock baffles.

Ray
RayK

Re: Finally did the depinger to my 25 mrod..

Postby wahoowad on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:41 am

Ray - where can I read more about the GD method of moving the shroud band?
wahoowad

How to add two baffles to your 25 marauder to get it more qu

Postby RayK on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 pm

A few on this forum have done it. I can outline the process here.

You buy two more baffles from Crosman. They are about $6 each and shipping is about $4.

You make a spacer out of delrin which is the length of the two new baffles. The inner diameter is just larger than the barrel outer diameter. The outer diameter is the same as the barrel shroud outer diameter.

Then you remove the shroud and both shroud spacers (one on the tip of the barrel pops off with tap from a tool, the one at the breech has an alan set screw).

You put the spacer on the barrel, then put the rear shroud spacer back on, but this time in front of your delrin spacer. You tighten down the alan set screw. Now attach the shroud spacer that goes on the muzzle of the barrel and tap it down to be sure it is attached. Then reinstall your shroud, 6 baffles, and muzzle cap (with o-ring).

Your Marauder will be about 2.5 inches longer, but it will have two more baffles and some report that it should be the same loudness as the 22 Maraduer (which is supposed to be at least 10 db quieter than the 25).

Ray
RayK

Return to Marauder Mods