Barrel Shroud Diameter

DIY Modifications to the Benjamin Marauder, like Depingers, bolt handles, etc.
Mod parts offered for sale should be posted in the AFTERMARKET section.

Barrel Shroud Diameter

Postby ahs2185 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Can anyone confirm the barrel shroud diameter? Just curious
Wall thickness or inner diameter would be helpful too, but iI don't want to trouble anyone. I just ordered a mrod from pyramid air so i cant check for myself. I Have some carbon fiber tubing laying around in various diameters and I was thinking about making a barrel shroud with some putting some inner threaded aluminum tubing on the end nearest to the breech and machining a solid aluminum cap for the muzzle. I would do this purely for looks of course. The tubing I have Is braided which i would coat with a low gloss clear coat to protect the fiber and deepen the checkerboard appearance. I have seen a few other custom PCPs around the net that had a similar design I think it would make the Mrod look really custom.

any help would be greatly appreciated
ahs2185

Re: Barrel Shroud Diameter

Postby rgratton08 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:24 am

you will have to take a look at your rifle when it arrives. I looked into carbon fiber but it was too expensive to get and well I did not see any way to internally thread it to work? Let me know how it turns out. The tread is a 28 pitch at some where around .815 with a shallower cut than normal.
rgratton08

Return to Marauder Mods