WAR NBH - No Bounce Hammer Video

3rd Party Stocks, Barrels, Regulators, air tube extensions, etc. and where to find them.

WAR NBH - No Bounce Hammer Video

Postby sacshooter » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi Guys,

Until I watched a text message video showing the before and after videos on the NBH from oldpro, I didn't really feel a need to install a hammer debounce device on my marauder. Now I find myself wanting one :o

I managed to take the smart phone video clips, and tied it into one video so show you just how much of a difference this mod can make.

I apologize for the poor video, I was in a hurry.

I embedded the video on the NBH page
http://www.marauderairrifle.com/shops/w ... ce-hammer/
sacshooter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WAR NBH - No Bounce Hammer Video

Postby FuzzyGrub » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:37 pm

The original videos that Jim posted on the yellow were to show the effectiveness of the hammer brake. ie they were at max preload and no air in the res. It was not a video of a typical tune. If your tune has that much bounce, you will probably get more than the 10% shot count increase. He also provided some sound traces.
John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, 1720T Camp Carbine, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Postby oldpro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

That's a bone stock gen1 at 1500 psi in case anyone wanted to know with a factory tune.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For WAR products, please visit my vendor shop on the Marauder Forum http://www.marauderairrifle.com/shops/w ... ir-rifles/
oldpro

Postby BlackICE » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:56 pm

When I 1st got my gun it had a low factory air charge, probably less than 800 psi. When I pulled the trigger I got a lot of hammer bounce and a burping noise. Now with my stock 25 Gen II tuned for 16 shots at 3100 PSI with JSB going 850, I don't hear any burping noise. I think the hammer bounce may be gone. Is that the case, or will I get more shots with the new hammer?
BlackICE

Postby SHOOTINIT » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:02 pm

I can see that causing all kinds of problems
99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby FuzzyGrub » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:58 pm

oldpro wrote:That's a bone stock gen1 at 1500 psi in case anyone wanted to know with a factory tune.

So, basically the same, ie accentuating the effect, but not where it represents a typical tune, or where a stock Mrod would be tuned. How about at the typical 2500-2600psi curve peak?

From the looks of it, when the hammer hits the stem, the wings will be forced out to contact the air tube, creating the drag on the rebound, but little or no drag on the forward stroke. Is that correct?

It has peaked my interest some. I have been using a Garmin VIRB camera on another project, recording at 120fps to determine vehicle stop durations. It can easily capture the hammer pin motion, but don't think I'll be able to video the valve stem to see if is actually opening on the bounce. Might be able to put a thin white mark where the hammer 1st contacts the stem, and if the pin travels past that would mean the valve opened some. It might be interesting to see where my stock 25 syn rod is on hammer bounce.
John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, 1720T Camp Carbine, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Postby oldpro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:08 pm

It works on any tune but the higher the pressure the better it works. Its not as effective at low pressure tunes as it is at higher pressure for example at 2600 psi shooting 1009FPS with a jsb exact king its nearly silent but take that same gun tune it to shoot at 1000FPS at 1700psi and its loud. I will say this if anyone buys one and doesn't like it I will buy it back and pay the shipping. I personally couldn't go back to shooting my Marauder without one.
For WAR products, please visit my vendor shop on the Marauder Forum http://www.marauderairrifle.com/shops/w ... ir-rifles/
oldpro

Postby Marmot_Militia » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm

@shootinit: What kind of problems do you see it causing?

I will take some more video at higher and lower pressures. This is 420fps and I underestimated the need for light.

The bounce occurs more at the lower pressures. The WAR NBH stops it at all pressures. We have found there is no need to fill to full pressure to get good shot strings and power. This is a huge benefit for people who pump their rifles, but also means a lot more fills from any tank.

This is a new and improved version from the model I posted on the Yellow a while back. That video was 30fps and zero pressure.

The P-Rod version is improved as well. As Travis said, it is hard to shoot a bouncing Marauder after you hear the solid , single POP from a debounced hammer.

Regards,
Jim
Marmot_Militia

Postby Springwater 808 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:42 pm

I didn't realize that hammer bounce could be directly observed that way. Thanks for shooting the videos. They're very educational. Would be interesting to see a stock Marauder shooting at normal pressures between 2500 to 3000 PSI with medium spring tension and hammer travel settings.
Springwater 808

Postby oldpro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Ive shot both stock and modded at both high and low pressures it doesn't matter it works just the same at each given pressure, It works on rebound off the valve so your tune or set up makes very little difference your fill pressure has the most effect. Ive had a few shooters at my house from the forum and fired my Marauder over a crony at well over 900FPS all All those shooters who have seen it and heard it have either asked me when can they get one or just were amazed just like I was after testing it the first time. Im very happy that others will be enjoying it like me its like ive been setting on a secret and couldn't tell(I hate secrets).
oldpro

Next

Return to Marauder Aftermarket Parts and Accessories