Hill Prod LDC Review

3rd Party Stocks, Barrels, Regulators, air tube extensions, etc. and where to find them.

Re: Hill Prod LDC Review

Postby FuzzyGrub » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Kimber45cal wrote:Very cool would it work with the 25 cal. I'm getting the 25 for my son and he lives in town with close by houses and I don't want to have any trouble with any one.

The Hill Prod LDC will only fit the smaller Prod/1720T shroud. Contact Tim, I know he has longer shrouds with more baffles, but not sure if he has a screw on LDC for Mrod.
John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, 1720T Camp Carbine, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Testing Continued....

Postby FuzzyGrub » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:38 am

OK, sound meter is working a little better, but still do not have full confidence in it. I set the sound meter 3' in front of the muzzle, and it is about 6" bellow the path of the pellet.

First, a little about this Prod. It has had a Mrod 22 cal barrel added to it, with a custom MM 18" shroud. This shroud length was chosen for minimum length, and only has a small air space in front of the air stripper, just like a stock Prod. It is tuned to 25fpe with 18.1g JSBs.

With the Hill LDC the gun length is equivalent to the Mrod.

Close up:

Testing: with just the stock shroud, it is relatively loud, especially in my basement range. The MM shroud ext provided about a 2-3db lower report. The hill LDC produced 2-3db lower than the MM SE, or 4-6db over the shroud by itself. While these numbers do not look like a significant difference, it a very plain improvement to your ears.

My testing so far, has already earned it a "recommended" rating. :) In fact, it may not find its way back into the return shipment! ;) This LDC does the job for what most power tuners would go for in a Prod. If time permits, I will test this on my 1720T which has a Mrod shroud on it.

Side note 1: For those looking to add a Mrod barrel to the Prod, contact Tim. He has another possible solution that you may be interested in. It retains the Prod shroud without having to buy a custom one (like I did), and adds more Mrod diameter air space, and has vents back into the Prod shroud.

Side note 2: I did try the crosman gen II baffles, but was not able to get good readings. Subjectively it seemed slightly quieter with Tim's baffles.
John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, 1720T Camp Carbine, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Previous

Return to Marauder Aftermarket Parts and Accessories