Straight clip magazine for marauder?

3rd Party Stocks, Barrels, Regulators, air tube extensions, etc. and where to find them.

Re: Straight clip magazine for marauder?

Postby robble » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:54 am

If anyone is really interested in reading about my rat hunting tails (pun intended) I've kept a log with several photos here:
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=16013.0
Small spoiler : I am currently WAY over 100 kills right now. Exact number is in the link.
robble

Postby Bob La Londe » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:32 am

Interesting read. Sounds like you are enjoying the shooting more than you care about actually eradicating the rats. I didn't read all 14 pages. Just the first few and the last couple. I appreciate that you started by looking into legality and checked what your neighbors were doing before just opening up on the invading hoard. Shows real class.

A .25 Marauder is probably way overkill for short range rat shooting. A .177 Marauder with polymags would give you 30+ rat killing shots at modest power. My .177 Marauder has made gopher kills out to 74 yards. My .25 would make his head explode.

So on the pistol did you put a shoulder stock on it? I can see the pistol being quicker to bring on target, but less steady.
CNC Molds N Stuff
http://www.cncmolds.com

.177 XSB50
.177 Srod Reg-Extnsn-Prt .1405
.25 Srod Sprg & Hmr
.22 Hatsan 155
.177 NP BLECH!
.177 Metal Daisy 880
.177 Plastic Daisy 880
.177 Crosman 760 Plastic Alu Spring Guide
.22 Crosman Model 1
Bob La Londe

Postby SHOOTINIT » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:16 pm

99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby robble » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Bob La Londe wrote:Interesting read. Sounds like you are enjoying the shooting more than you care about actually eradicating the rats. I didn't read all 14 pages. Just the first few and the last couple. I appreciate that you started by looking into legality and checked what your neighbors were doing before just opening up on the invading hoard. Shows real class.

A .25 Marauder is probably way overkill for short range rat shooting. A .177 Marauder with polymags would give you 30+ rat killing shots at modest power. My .177 Marauder has made gopher kills out to 74 yards. My .25 would make his head explode.

So on the pistol did you put a shoulder stock on it? I can see the pistol being quicker to bring on target, but less steady.

Well, the keeping rats under control (they never be eradicated) is the main purpose but I have come to enjoy taking them out a bit more than maybe I should.

The .25 is WAY overkill. I have it for sale in the forum that the story is in. 90% of my shootings kills have been made with my .177 Umarex fusion. The fusion has been a fantastic little rifle. It's accurate, small, and is about as quiet as my .25 tuned down to 500fps with an extended shroud and Anthony's LDC.

I would like a little more knock down power than the umarex provides though hence the prod. I actually sent that one back to Amazon and ordered one from MAC 1. It is currently with Anthony story getting fitted with an ldc.

The body count is going to really go up though once the night vision setup Roland (rolaids bench) is making for me arrives and is put on the prod. My flashlight scares away the rats now. The NV will allow me to see them from further away and not alert them until they see their pals falling. Judging from YouTube that doesn't necessarily scare them. If anything others come to see what's wrong with their buddy.
robble

Previous

Return to Marauder Aftermarket Parts and Accessories