Match Trigger Prodution With Overtravell screw

3rd Party Stocks, Barrels, Regulators, air tube extensions, etc. and where to find them.

Re: Match Trigger Prodution

Postby Vakeiros on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Dan Chong wrote:Hi V;

I got a stock Marauder in .177 ..the trigger is ok, but nowhere near my match-grade FT rigs. I find that the stock Mrod has a long take-up, other than that, its ok for a hunting gun. How doe's your trigger differs from the stock trigger? Thanks. Dan

Well, it's fully adjustable to your finger (for me this is the MOST crucial difference), it's a bit lighter without any more adjustments, the 2nd stage it's a bit crisper since i make them to have better leverage effect. What can i say mine it's a match grade trigger, i've a Diana 75 with a very nice match trigger and if i adjust mine well it beat's the diana. If you polish the drag points as i did and a good lub, damn it's almost impossible to feel the trigger weight at minimum spring tension! wait until Steve (supercharge86) and Chad (aack73) recieve them to feedback.

Steve must be about to recieve his (i sent him last monday) Chad will take a bit longer (sent on friday).
I really love the trigger now, before it was an OK trigger, now i think it's match grade! i've tried Steyers and Walthers (no EV2 yet) and i can say they are at the same level!

the only con of this trigger it's you'll never take full advantage of the adjustments with the stock trigger guard, but if you make a trigger guard like the Chalange one, well this will improve A LOT the possible adjustments!

regards
Air Arms S410 Xtra FAC .22 + Leapers 4-16x50 AO
Benjamin Marauder .177 + ZOS 10-40x60
Benjamin Discovery + ZOS 10-40x50
Diana 75 T01 + Match Diopter
Diana 75 + VitaScope 4x40
Vakeiros

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Vakeiros wrote:...wait until Steve (supercharge86) and Chad (aack73) recieve them to feedback.

Steve must be about to recieve his (i sent him last monday) Chad will take a bit longer (sent on friday).
I really love the trigger now, before it was an OK trigger, now i think it's match grade! i've tried Steyers and Walthers (no EV2 yet) and i can say they are at the same level! regards

I'll be happy to report on Vakeiros's trigger as soon as I get it, unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet, looking forward to it though :D .
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Dan Chong on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks John....will give it a try!
Dan
Dan Chong

Postby Supercharged86 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Hey guys, I received the trigger today, first of all it was very nicely packaged, actually fit inside a empty pellet tin (great idea). I hope to get it installed tomorrow and then begin the testing. What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, looks even better in person. Stay tuned. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby Vakeiros on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:42 am

Supercharged86 wrote:Hey guys, I received the trigger today, first of all it was very nicely packaged, actually fit inside a empty pellet tin (great idea). I hope to get it installed tomorrow and then begin the testing. What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, looks even better in person. Stay tuned. Steve

thank's for the feedback, actually makes sence that it looks better in person, the macro shots show's very scratches ans shadows that we won't realize at naked eye!

glad you liked, let us posted!
Vakeiros

Postby NeuRon on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:11 am

I'm definately looking forward to that review, Super.

Vakeiros - You mentioned that the stock Mrod trigger-guard won't allow the full range of adjustment that your trigger has. Any chance of packaging another trigger-guard as an option... ...or maybe making a really nice drop-in replacement that looks good with your trigger? 8-) I've got to at least ask! ;)

NeuRon

Postby Vakeiros on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:51 pm

NeuRon wrote:I'm definately looking forward to that review, Super.

Vakeiros - You mentioned that the stock Mrod trigger-guard won't allow the full range of adjustment that your trigger has. Any chance of packaging another trigger-guard as an option... ...or maybe making a really nice drop-in replacement that looks good with your trigger? 8-) I've got to at least ask! ;)

sorry but as you seen i do my trigger manually... for now i don't even imagine how could i do that trigger guard... but i'll take a look at that and give a concrete answer soon...

regards
Vakeiros

Postby Supercharged86 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Hey Guys, Installed Bruno's match grade trigger assembly today and let me preface this by saying, it's absolutely beautiful. This is definately a must have. The installation part of this is a breeze, although I did take some extra time and measured the exact length of the 1st and 2nd stages (from the original trigger bar) so that I could transfer these figures once the new trigger bar was installed. Although, the trigger pull weight was reduced due to the new geometery (with the factory torsion link spring INSTALLED, which I actually prefer), the thing I really LOVE about this mod is the increased comfort on the index finger. The adjustable trigger shoe and overall shoe position really makes this mod worth while. Being able to angle the trigger shoe outward (especially if you have smaller hands, like I) and the ability to position the shoe more rearward (without having to increase the setting on adjustment "D") really makes it a joy. The trigger guard modification is a NON issue. All that is required is some minor clearancing on the inside of the guard, easily done with a dremel or die grinder. I chose NOT to drill any additional holes through the guard to gain access to adjusters B, C and D. If I feel the need to adjust the 1st and 2nd stages or the overall trigger position, I will just simply remove the trigger guard. I've made two dozen dry fires and it works wonderfully. You won't be disappointed. Cheers. Steve

Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby Vakeiros on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 pm

thanks for the feedback Steve! believe it or not i really loved that you like it! I must agree with you, the best thing on this mod is really the confort! the original spring is more than enought, specially if you like round edges where there's almost no feeling of the trigger shoe on the index finger. I have it with a lighter spring but just to keep the tension spring set screw well threaded (almost full in), i have it on about .5lb and still having a misfire once in a while.

regards
Vakeiros

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Photos added. The minor clearancing done to the inner face of the trigger guard turns out was really not necessary as once I found the proper position of the shoe, easily clears the back of the inner face. Also, I dropped the entire guard down by placing one small washer up underneath, this really helps the shoe tip to clear the inner face. Likewise, now that I have the shoe in the best position I will probably trim up the vertical attaching post. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

PreviousNext

Return to Marauder Aftermarket Parts and Accessories