Mrod .22 factory settings are . . .

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Mrod .22 factory settings are . . .

Postby 22marauder22 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 am

what?

After a pretty thorough search, I haven't had seen mention of the factory settings on the .22 Mrod. And I have adjusted mine a bit and don't know how to get back to them.

Here is a pretty good discussion of them, but for the .177 http://www.crosman.com/blogs/croswords/?p=173

This author defines a good terminology for describing settings. In fact the whole article is really good, but it is for the .177

* What I am labeling “Hammer Tension” the manual calls “Hammer Spring Pre-load adjuster” and for shorthand, I label “H”. When I say ”6 H”, I mean that the hammer adjustment is six revolutions in (clockwise) from the minimum starting point of completely (counterclockwise) out.

* “Stroke Adjustment” is what the manual calls “adjusting the striker” or “hammer stroke” and I am using “S” as my shorthand. So “2.5 S” is shorthand for when you have the stroke adjusted two and a half revolutions in (clockwise) from the maximum starting point of completely (counterclockwise) out.

* The “Transfer Port Adjustment” is what the manual calls the “metering screw” and I am using “V” as short hand (for velocity or “venturi “). The starting point is all the way (clockwise) in.

So, any ideas on what the H, S and V settings are from the factory for the .22?
22marauder22

Re: Mrod .22 factory settings are . . .

Postby zen0s on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:41 am

V - 3.5 ccw
H - 4 cw
S - 12 ccw (starting point)

Is the closest factory setting for .22 according to crosman
zen0s

Postby 22marauder22 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Thank you.

I have made a diagram modified from the manual that comes with the rifle and added these settings for reference.

Does this look right?

Benjamin's wording "Striker Hammer Spring Preload Adjuster" drives me crazy?!?! What is this?
"Hammer Stroke" makes more sense.
22marauder22

Postby 22marauder22 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Although adjusting mine now I hit a stop with the hammer stroke on CW adjustment to the maximum.

Is this right?
22marauder22

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey Guys, Sorry the above mentioned diagram is partially WRONG. Setting the hammer spring pre-load by turning it clockwise (inward, a max. of 6 turns) yields a higher pre-load, this is max. This part of the diagram is right, however, setting the hammer stroke is exactly the opposite. For maximum stroke length, you'll turn this counter clockwise until it stops.

So, 22Maurader22, if you've turned your (hammer stroke, 1/8" allen) fully clockwise, then this is the minimum setting; not recommended for high fill pressures. Only because with the shorter hammer stroke length, the high fill pressure behind the hammer valve will very quickly be closed, thus not allowing sufficient air to pass by to achieve adequate FPS. This is why both settings work in conjunction with one another for optimum results. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby 22marauder22 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Supercharged - Take a closer look at the diagram. It might be a bit confusing, but it was made to show how to get to the factory settings.

That is, set H, hammer tension to the minimum (CCW) then go CW the desired turns to increase hammer tension.

Then set S, hammer stroke to the maximum by going CW all the way, then back off CCW the desired turns if you want to reduce stroke.

The Marauder instructions are totally confusing. That is why I tried to clear this up. Look below. They use the following 4 terms:
Hammer Spring
Striker Hammer Spring Preload Adjuster
Hammer Spring Preload
Hammer Stroke
You can only tell which is which by noting where the 1/4" and 1/8" wrenches are used in the diagram.

I can add the max turns to the diagram for reference. I believe the are:
H - 6 turns
S - ? - a reference is made to 12 turns earlier - it this correct?
V - 4.5 turns

Let's work on making one clear diagram on
a) how to get to a reference point on H, S, V (CW or CCW on each, hard stop or free spinning)
b) how to get back to factory settings (movement from reference point)
c) defining maximum turns for each of H, S, V
22marauder22

Postby Supercharged86 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:20 am

22marauder22 wrote:....Then set S, hammer stroke to the maximum by going CW all the way, then back off CCW the desired turns if you want to reduce stroke.

Hey 22, Regardless of what your intentions or goals are (finding factory settings or not) the above part of your instructions are incorrect. The hammer stroke maximum settting is full CCW out NOT in. You reduce hammer stroke by turning it in CW. It's opposite of setting the hammer spring pre-load (which is CW for maximum). I think your confusing yourself, best read it again, sorry. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby jlands on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:49 am

22marauder22 wrote:Thank you.

I have made a diagram modified from the manual that comes with the rifle and added these settings for reference.

Does this look right?

Benjamin's wording "Striker Hammer Spring Preload Adjuster" drives me crazy?!?! What is this?
"Hammer Stroke" makes more sense.

the second picture, "adjusting hammer stroke", is labeled wrong. it should be labeled "CW=MIN". i don't even know if it spins because i start all my settings at full CCW. THAT'S MAX STOKE AND MIN TENSION. to get the meter screw, velocity, to min, you would turn it in full CW.

now let's say i wanted factory settings from my start point.

zen0s wrote:V - 3.5 ccw
H - 4 cw
S - 12 ccw (starting point)

Is the closest factory setting for .22 according to crosman

velocity- i would turn it CCW 3 full turns, and a half turn.
hammer-(spring preload) i would turn it CW 4 full turns.
stroke- 0 turns. why? i am already there.

one more thing. these factory settings are not set by some robot to .000001" tolerances. they are set by some tired worker listening to an ipod and waiting for the whistle to blow so he can get off his feet for a few minutes. no two marauders will have the exact same settings from factory. close? well, even that's debatable at best. but definitely not exact.

hope this helps.

jared

jlands

Return to .22 Cal Marauders