Barrel leading Problem

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Barrel leading Problem

Postby Hammer DT on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Just curious, How would you know If you had a barrel leading problem? Would It be, not being able to get a patch pulled through the barrel clean or accuracy level falling off.Have a month old .22 marauder and do not won't to have this problem.Have used CPs but only 100 or so.
Hammer DT

Re: Barrel leading Problem

Postby Roger on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:48 pm

If in fact you do have a leading problem there are a couple of things you will notice right away. There will be a loss of accuracy and then a little later, loss or decreased of velocity. With a light and looking into the barrel you can see the leading in the rifling grooves. One pass of a bore brush will tell the story. It will have lead deposits on it, but you may want to think twice about using a bore brush on a Marauder! My gun shoots CPs with extreme accuaracy and if your gun shoots them well, and you want to use them there are two things you must do to stay away from a leading problem . Your velocity needs to be under 900fps the mid 800s is better and use a pellet lube! I have used alot of different lubes on pellets and KryTech is by far the best I use it on all my pellets and the bullets that I cast for my large bore air rifle. I hope this helps.

shoot straight
Roger
Roger

Return to .22 Cal Marauders