.22 mrod.

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

.22 mrod.

Postby ma3842 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:57 am

I just received my .22 mrod. and I would like to clean it before I start shoot it, but I was looking to see if the bolt action can be removed with out to much trouble so I can get access to clean it better.
I would thought that crosman would of had that info. in the manual.
Can any body shed some light on this.

I also would like to thank all of you, that has help me. And some friends that we also shoot together, this has been a great source of information.
Thanks again.
Mike
Mike A
ma3842

Re: .22 mrod.

Postby detox on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 am

Before removing bolt do not cock rifle. Remove the large indent screw spring and ball from top of receiver. Next remove the the bolt and follower from the left hand side of receiver that attaches to bolt. Remove bolt. The rubber O-ring inside barrel is very hard to reinstll if removed. I would leave in while cleaning, but relube it afterwards with silicone oil.
detox

Postby Supercharged86 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:09 am

Removing screw #31 and plunger assembly #7 will be nearly impossible once you mount your scope and to remove it everytime you want to clean the barrel will be a little impractical. Therefore, you may want to consider a Hoppes Boresnake for all future cleanings. But for the first cleaning with no scope mounted this is not a bad idea. Like Detox said be careful of the bolt o-ring located in the breech block just forward of the magazine slot. This can be easily dislodged and a real pain in the ass to reinstall. Good luck with the new .22. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby ma3842 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks for all your feed back. after reading your info. on this, I was making sure to do everything very slowly to make sure that I don't screw this up, but it went just fine and. thanks again for your help.
Mike A
ma3842

Postby USMCShooter on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:03 am

You do not need to remove the detent screw to remove the bolt....just remove the hex-head and spacer from the left side of the gun, with the bolt in the closed position and pull it straight back....reassembly is just the reverse...just make sure you have the bolt in the closed position...if it's in the up position, the detent will hang up in the bolt hole and require you to remove it...thus the scope first.....

You can them run a patch down it from either end....

s/f

Jamie
USMCShooter

Return to .22 Cal Marauders