What's the maximum you've been able to push your MROD?

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

What's the maximum you've been able to push your MROD?

Postby Nickdizonc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 am

For all the guys who've setup their .22 for strictly raw power, what was the highest CONSISTENT FPE you were able to achieve? Obviously due to how air hungry power tunes can be, I would define "consistent" in the realm of 5-10shots per fill. With everything maxed out and all seals, ports, and pertinent areas checked to ensure the gun is firing at 100%, I've only managed to crank out 39.1 FPE with some 21.14gr Barracudas. I've heard of guys in here going over 50fpe so I'm curious as to what more I could do to get that type of output from my rifle. I believe I've done all the mods one can do to maximize performance (enlarged all ports to .187 and installed a 12.5 lbs hammer spring for more hammer energy. So id like to see what most folks who's primary goal is horsepower and raw badassness, what's ur gun's FPE and with what ammo. thanks in advance fellas.
Nickdizonc

Re: What's the maximum you've been able to push your MROD?

Postby nat450 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:42 pm

With a WAR valve and hammer and a Hill depinger I got 950 fps with 25 gr jsp.
Haven't maxed anything out yet. Will do that tomorrow and let you know.
Nat
nat450

Postby Nickdizonc » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Those are awesome numbers! Do you know how the WAR VALVE differs from the hill modified valve? I've heard it cranks out more power but how? Is there something that is adjustable on the valve itself that allows you to increase or decrease the output? I've been quite happy with the hill valve in my .22 but I'm always looking to learn.
Nickdizonc

Postby nat450 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 pm

The Hill valve is a reworked Benjamin valve which I tried but was not impressed with. Had
less punch than my own modded valve (95ftlbs for mine). The WAR valve on the other hand seems to be
an original effort by the folks at Wicked Air Rifles and with a heavy hammer and spring
can deliver over 100ftlbs. Talking to Travis at WAR is the best way to get accurate info on
the valve and they sell everything else you need for sheer power.

Nat
nat450

Postby Nickdizonc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm

I'll be looking to get a WAR valve very soon I've seen staggering FPE numbers from members in here whom have directed me throughout the short time I've been part of the community. Once WAR restocks their valve inventory, I'm 100% in. 100FPE is a idiocy loud amount of stopping power and that's precisely what my goals were when I first caught the Mrod bug. Hopefully they come in stock soon although I'm not looking forward to swapping valves again. I am a human oring shredder:( Valve replacements have proven time and again to be a painstakingly frustrating task for me.
Nickdizonc

Postby SHOOTINIT » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:41 pm

99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby Nickdizonc » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:34 pm

excellent read
Nickdizonc

Postby Tackleberry » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:57 pm

Great read, lots of information
Tackleberry

Return to .22 Cal Marauders