degassing

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

degassing

Postby Deer hunter. » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi has anyone else's marauder got a cover where the degassing tool is supposed to go, i got alot of work to be geting on with in the next few weeks with my rifle and noticed that theres like a metal cover on mine?
Deer hunter.

Re: degassing

Postby caniborrowsomeammo » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:51 pm

No cover, should be open to "vent" the hammer. Maybe someone wanted to add some bling to the gun and plug that nasty hole?

Edit: Deer Hunter, you being in the UK, maybe that was done to make the power non FAC, non adjustable? Only guessing. I would pull the pressure tube cap (#42) and see whats going on there. Maybe even post a pic of it.
caniborrowsomeammo

Postby Deer hunter. » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:56 am

Yea good call on that there was anti tampers on the rifle but i drilled them out so i can fine tune the rifle ect, il dry fire the rifle on first strip down when work commence's and see if i can just push it out from the inside, il post some pics then :)
Deer hunter.

Postby caniborrowsomeammo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:41 am

5 minute operation provided you have Imperial hex keys.
Pull action from stock
Remove rear trigger group screw
Remove 2 rear breech screws (hold on to pressure tube cap #42, spring pressure!)
No need to degas (If you want to degas, remove #25 bolt stud from hammer, pull spring and hammer, use a rod of sorts to push on valve stem to release air out valve)
See what was used to plug hole in pressure tube cap ( id. is threaded) remove obstruction
Assemble in reverse
Find a good tune
Now rifle is FAC unless valve or transfer port are restricted
caniborrowsomeammo

Return to .22 Cal Marauders