New Mrod 22

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Re: New Mrod 22

Postby warrior23 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm

How hard is it to swap out the barrel?
warrior23

Postby detox on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:49 am

It's easy after the first time. A standard allen wrench set is all that is needed.

Remove shroud
Loosen single allen screw from bolt (located left hand side of reciver attached to bolt). Remove bolt.
Remove three allen screws holding receiver down (do not loose small rubber gaskets for air aluninum transfer tube)
Remove barrel from receiver by loosening two allen screws.
The piece on tip of barrel is plastic and will pull off using good effort
The piece at base of barrel at receiver is steel and can be remove using allen wrench. Do not loose the clear rubber O ring.
Barrel should now be out of rifle. Be sure to remove small Oring from inside of barrel.

Reverse order for installation.
Be sure to install small rubber O ring to inside of barrel.
Make sure your clip will fit receiver before tightening down barrel to receiver using the two allen screws. Do not over tighten these two screws because some say this will distort inside diameter of barrel.
Line up air transfer tube and rubber gaskets then attach barrel/receiver assembly to rifle
Finish assembly.

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/1763 ... &%20PL.PDF

detox

Postby joshheat25 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 am

I am looking forward to seeing your post after you recieve the other 2 barrels. It will be interesting to see the results.

good luck on your search to finding the right pellet warrior. It could be something else thats a muck.
joshheat25

Postby warrior23 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:40 am

Im gonna keep trying different pellets and see if I can find the right onesif not then Im gonna take a look at the barrel.I know my scope and rings are right on i switched out everthing and had same results.I have CPs coming in hopefully today that I can try.I'll tell ya Im a little disappointed with this gun and how picky it is with pellets so far.Last question who carries the Orings for these guns?Or can I just get a simple kit from like Harbor freight to replace them.Thanks again for the help guys...
warrior23

Postby detox on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:45 am

O rings...Ace Hardware is a good place to start, but Crosman would be the best sorce I think.

detox

Postby warrior23 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks everyone for their help.I went out to do some shooting today and noticed the stock on my Mrod was very loose I tightened it up but didnt want to over torque it.Does anyone know what they torque it down too in inch pounds?I got the CPs today also and went out and shot a couple dozen mags,and I am very pleased they are groupin 10shots around 1/2" at 30yds with an occasional flyer.So I have 2 pellets that can group well so far.
warrior23

Postby detox on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:14 pm

detox wrote:I have two new 22cal. Marauder barrels on order. I am hoping atleast one of these new barrels shoots better than my factory original. I will push pellets down the bore of each barrel to check if there is a bore size difference, hoping that one may have a slightly tighter bore. I will also compair the choke end of barrells to see if there are differences there also.

I will keep tuning and tinkering until maybe one day it will shoot better. I am still learning. Good luck and do not give up.

I tried out one of my new Crosman barrels using the softer Predator pellets. Accuracy was verygood for about the first 10 shots (shooting less than 1/2" at 25 yards) then groups started opening up again (Flyers). I looked down the barrel using my Hawkeye bore scope and noticed LOTS of lead fowling around choke end of barrel. These Crosman barrels are pretty rough and are not lapped causing "What I think" the lead fouling. I removed the lead fowling using Remington Rem-Clean. Next I applied Moly Paste to the full length of inside barrel. Hopefully the Moly will stop the fouling without having to lube my pellets. I will let you guys know how this works.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=988/ ... MENT_PASTE

I may try the Krytech lube later eather by mopping the barrel with it or lubing pellets.

BTW the H&N Baracuda Match pellets (Kodiak) are said to have a harder alloy and foul less than some other brands.

detox

Postby detox on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Here is target shot at 25 yards using moly coated barrel and A Team tune. More info written on target.
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee3 ... target.jpg
detox

Previous

Return to .22 Cal Marauders