Joining The .22 Cal Group

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Re: Joining The .22 Cal Group

Postby diarmadhim on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Yes to both! haha having some seal problems, but Pyramyd has been helpful. good solid pump though. Won't let my brother near it again anytime soon though.

diarmadhim

Postby DRAGON64 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:40 am

Well, my .22 arrived, and after fondling it for a while, I finally got down to filling it. The Hill pump worked as well as could be expected, although I had nothing to compare it to, as this is my first PCP. I pumped and pumped, taking breaks from time to time to let the pump (and me) rest. I managed 2500 psi, and then took the rifle outside for a quick three shot induction... It was dark outside, so there was not much to see, but my property stretches 50 acres behind the house, so I had no issues with just popping off a few 'blind' rounds. I kinda like the sound of the characteristic ping sound that the Marauder makes... I could get use to it.

Anyways, I mounted the scope, and will hope to shoot the rifle somemore this evening.

Question: How much pressure do you store your rifle at? After 3-shots, I was still in the mid 2000 psi range... should I empty the rifle till it gets to the yellow portion of the gauge, like it was shipped to me?

Johnnie
DRAGON64

Postby kidcurrie on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:53 am

Dragon64,
Please keep us posted as to the accuracy you obtain with your new 22 as I am considering puchasing one as well. As for the storage pressure - I would hope that it's anywhere you end up after shooting or filling - up to the max safe level on the gauge.
Craig
kidcurrie

Postby diarmadhim on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 am

I just store mine with whatever is in it when I'm done shooting for the day.

diarmadhim

Postby DRAGON64 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:56 am

kidcurrie wrote:Dragon64,
Please keep us posted as to the accuracy you obtain with your new 22 as I am considering puchasing one as well. As for the storage pressure - I would hope that it's anywhere you end up after shooting or filling - up to the max safe level on the gauge.
Craig

I will sure do it. One of the guys from our state that is running for congress has been posting his re-election signs on every street corner, and I just acquired one... it is 2 sheets, 4'X8' of styrene plastic, complete with rebar and PVC mounting parts. I will set it up in the field and use it to mount my target sheets for practice.
DRAGON64

Postby DRAGON64 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 am

I spent yesterday evening shooting the rifle, to get it from the stored state of 2500 psi to 2000 psi, and I gotta say... this thing gets heavy shooting from a free standing position!!!
DRAGON64

Previous

Return to .22 Cal Marauders