Any Pellets I Should Consider?

This area is dedicated to the .22 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Any Pellets I Should Consider?

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 am

After struggleing with barrel issues for several months with my .22 marauder I have finaly sorted things out. The rifle is now like a new gun for it will not shoot Crosman Premier 14.3 grains well. I understand all marauders tend to like different pellets but I would like to know what you guys are using. I already sent away for H&N barracudas and JSB diablo exact 18.1 grains. Are there any other pellets that would be worth a try that I should know about? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andrew
Andrew

Re: Any Pellets I Should Consider?

Postby Walx on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:09 am

My gun did not like the JSB exact 18.1 but it also shoots the Crosman Premiers 14.3 real well and the Beeman Kodiaks 21.1 well to. The H&N barracudas were said to be the same as the Kodiak but it didnt shoot them too well either.
Walx

Postby DRAGON64 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:15 am

Mine shoots the Crosman Premier 14.3 Domes really well. I have not tried the Benjamin Discovery HP's yet.
DRAGON64

Postby Roger on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 am

Hey, Andrew

My gun also shoots the CPs and the BEEMAN Kadiaks well. Do not know about the H&N. They say they are the same as the beeman I have not tried them, if it works do not try to fix it.I think that when crosman designed the marauder they had the CPs in mine. I have a couple of post in responce to best Pellet Speed, you should take a look at them. The 12,14gr. pellets should be kept in the mid 800s I do not know where you are at with your velocity, this could be part of the problem. Also you are in DANGER of leading your barrel at 900 + fps with the CPs. I have a 30 shot string posted using CPs in responce to best pellet speed. Alot of guys get caught up into the faster velocity is better. Not true! The pellet must not only be matched to the gun but also velocity. We have came a long way since I picked up my first air gun. Also you may want to try the beeman crow magnum, also I have found that the crosman pointed pellets group well and they are cheap and can be found almost any where they are also 14.3 gr. Hope this helps let us all know how it goes.

Shoot straight,

Roger
Roger

Postby diarmadhim on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:32 pm

My gun shoots the following very well...
h&n barracuda match, predator polymag, jsb exact jumbo 15.9,
jsb jumbo heavy 18.1, jsb monsters, h&n rabbit magnums and the crosman premier hollow points

diarmadhim

Location: Small town Southern Oregon soon to be small town Central Oregon

Postby BrerBob on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 am

I'm on my 2nd barrel and still have the same short list of pellets that it likes. Kodiaks/Baracudas and Beeman FTS. Neither barrel will shoot any JSB worth a crap unless I want the shotgun effect

BrerBob

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks guys for all the help! I got all the pellets you suggested and I am going to try them out today. Hopefully my Marauder will like at least one. I will keep you posted on the results.

Andrew
Andrew

Postby neilm on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 am

I've had similar results as others. Crosman Premier in cardboard box shoots the best. I can cover my shots with a nickel at 40 yards. H&N B and Beeman K shoot well and exactly the same. I cannot detect a difference in accuracy between them. I will use these for hunting and CP for target/plinking. Beeman FTS and H&N FTT also shoot ok.

Neil
neilm

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:14 am

I shot several groups yesterday and the results are in. The winners are H&N Barracudas and surprisingly the Skenco Big Boy Seinors. At fifteen yards (not much room in my yard to shoot) both of these pellets punched one hole, ten shot groups. Both groups can be coverd by a dime with lots of room to spare. I cannot wait to try these pellets out at longer range. Both JSB 18.1 and crosman preimer domed pellets grouped horribly and spat shots all over the paper. Thanks again for all the help advice!

Andrew
Andrew

Postby be4meliz on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:29 am

I'm on the same page as Brerbob- 1st barrel loved jsb's and cp's; bent barrel, replaced after polishing lead-in and massaging barrel akaGreg Davis-this one will only shoot Kodiaks and Beeman FTS- tried H&N barracudas ,shotgun! same with predators and cp's- I'm talking all over the map@ 20 yds, but getting 3/4"@ 60yds with Kodiaks and close to same with FTS@825 fps. I also agree with Rodger about finding the best speed for you particular pellet-thats how I arrived at 825 for Kodiaks; started at 920's and groups shrank as I tuned it down; speed is not everything,ACCURACY is.
be4meliz

Next

Return to .22 Cal Marauders