Marauder FT Completed

This area is dedicated to the .177 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Marauder FT Completed

Postby bob7346 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 am

Hey Guys:

After 5 months and numerous hours by several people I finally completed the project. Pictures are under the topic "Marauder and FT Competion", last page. And I really like the way it turned out. Not only does it look great, it shoots as good as any Euro gun costing three times as much. I can now shoot 3/8" groups consistantly at 25 yards, I havn't had a flier in probably 500 rounds.

I started the project to prove to my friends that it is probably not necessary to spend 3 -5 thousand dollars on a gun to be compediative in FT shooting. After wading through hours of info available on the net, I ordered a Marauder, a Leapers 4-16X56 scope, high rings and an 80mm side knob.

Technical changes abound on the net, but the only mod I did was remove the lawyer spring. I shoot Crosman 10.5 premiers, that I blow off with a compressor, and lube with Peltier lube.

The only other change, the stock. I started with a used Ray Abernathy stock ($150). My best friend Jim Sheffield finished and fitted it to me. From the first, practice, practice, practice.

I'll be shooting Hunter Class FT this year and am confident that my Marauder can hang with the best of them.

Bob
bob7346

Re: Marauder FT Completed

Postby spysir on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Good job pulling everything together. Harold Rushton is making a stock for his and plans on giving a Marauder a go, something tells me he will do alright with it.
"Hunter class"? You will have to lock all your adjustments down at nutral. Cheek riser set all the way down and I havent a guess about where you adjustable butt will need to be. Do make sure to practice with it set up as it will be for a competition.
John
spysir

Postby bob7346 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:18 pm

John:

Scope is set at neutral, we shoot Mil dots here. But havn't heard about cheek riser or but plate adjustmens. I've only shot orginized events here in Texas.

I'll have to check rules.

Bob
bob7346

Postby bob7346 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 pm

John:

Just went over the AAFTA rules, all adjustable components at minimum, but plates centered, no but hooks. Thanks for the heads up, I would hate to get there for an event and find out there. I assume that the GOBs enforce all the rules.

Harold R. shooting a Marauder, what is this world coming to? Or, maybe he sees something that we already know.

Bob
bob7346

Return to .177 Cal Marauders