$300 Marauders are back!!

This area is dedicated to the .177 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

$300 Marauders are back!!

Postby mlee on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 pm

http://www.airgunsdaily.com/

I picked up the 22 cal from these guys and it has been outstanding! If you want one, don't hesitate! I would of bought one but I bought a BSA in 177 the same day I bought my Mrod 22.
mlee

Re: $300 Marauders are back!!

Postby Driften on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Yea... I did not pull the trigger on the .22 M-Rod deal there but I just made up for it an just ordered one of these .177 ones.
I guess I finally joined the dark side...
Driften

Postby Driften on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:44 pm

That sure did not last long.... they moved on to the next offer in less then 24 hours.
Driften

Postby mlee on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Driften wrote:That sure did not last long.... they moved on to the next offer in less then 24 hours.

They are really popular. This one did not last very long at all! When you get yours, just worry about cleaning the barrel first then enjoy! You can't beat the price and they show up in a like new condition but maybe a couple scuffs is all. As long as it is consistent and accurate, right?
mlee

Postby Driften on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 pm

mlee wrote:
Driften wrote:That sure did not last long.... they moved on to the next offer in less then 24 hours.

They are really popular. This one did not last very long at all! When you get yours, just worry about cleaning the barrel first then enjoy! You can't beat the price and they show up in a like new condition but maybe a couple scuffs is all. As long as it is consistent and accurate, right?

Actually this is what happened... When Scott at Airgundepot when to check the shipment for the sale he found they the ones they had were damaged and not sellable. At that point they changed the offer and contacted the people that had placed orders. I don't know what he did for others but he offered me a brand new M-Rod in .22 or .177 for an extra $50 over the rebuilt price. That was bellow his cost! That was great customer service in my book and I was happy to take him up on it and got a brand new .177 out of it.

Airgundepot/Airgunsdaily is a GREAT place to work with! I will sure order from them again.

When they did the .22 M-Rod's a few weeks ago I think they sold out in about 30-40 hours.
Driften

Postby mlee on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Driften wrote:
mlee wrote:

Actually this is what happened... When Scott at Airgundepot when to check the shipment for the sale he found they the ones they had were damaged and not sellable. At that point they changed the offer and contacted the people that had placed orders. I don't know what he did for others but he offered me a brand new M-Rod in .22 or .177 for an extra $50 over the rebuilt price. That was bellow his cost! That was great customer service in my book and I was happy to take him up on it and got a brand new .177 out of it.

Airgundepot/Airgunsdaily is a GREAT place to work with! I will sure order from them again.

When they did the .22 M-Rod's a few weeks ago I think they sold out in about 30-40 hours.

That is outstanding service that they are willing to sell at a loss to satisfy their customers! I would take that offer too for a new one! I am glad that I didn't get a lemon on the referb I bought from them. Good people like that keeps air gunning alive and well!
mlee

Postby RatRacer on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes, Scott is a righteous person to deal with. He hooked me up yesterday to keep me out of the dog house (somewhat), with a P-rod so my wife can shoot with me and the M-rod.

RatRacer

Postby mlee on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:16 pm

RatRacer wrote:Yes, Scott is a righteous person to deal with. He hooked me up yesterday to keep me out of the dog house (somewhat), with a P-rod so my wife can shoot with me and the M-rod.

I think the P rod would be fun (AoA has them listed for $340) but I am curious how much power you can get with just adjustments without replacing the hammer spring? It looks like the perfect back pack air rifle with a guppy tank to take on a hike. I did see a video on the forums of a guy engaging ground rats (squirrels) out to 50 yard with his Prod. Now only if Crosman corrected their barrel tooling or contracted the barrels to a dedicated barrel maker......Then they would have a real winner. Only accurate guns are interesting! I hope with their next generation of PCPs that they have picked up a few more tricks to correct the issues with their current PCPs and make them better even if you have to pay a little more. I rather have something that works right out of the box than have to send it off to a tuner to make things how they should been in the first place.
mlee

Return to .177 Cal Marauders