New .177 gun will not fill...

This area is dedicated to the .177 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

Re: New .177 gun will not fill...

Postby Supercharged86 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 am

DOES THE GUN SHOOT (20-25 yards)? YES OR NO?
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby wlambert on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 am

82235962 wrote:I was out of town last week...here are some observations: the air that is in the gun must have came from the factory because in spite of my attempts to fill the gun, the pressure in the gun is fading. The guage has never shown any pressure. When I open the bottle value (slowly), I hear air entering the gun, briefly, and then there is a "click" in the gun and the sound of air entering the gun stops. I am going to call the factory--thanks for the phone number and ideas.

What you are saying sounds pretty much like normal operation. The first sound is the tank filling the hose. When the pressure in the hose, is higher than the pressure in the gun, the valve in the gun opens. That is the click. At that point, the gun should begin to fill. Possibly, your gauge, on the gun, is bad. Sounds like the gun is taking on at least some air.

wlambert
wlambert

Postby todunknown on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:33 am

Supercharged86 wrote:(Frankly I think the OEM gauge sucks to begin with, which is why I changed mine, but that's another story)

Steve,
I have been looking into replacing my gauge as well. Would you like to share gauge you are using (manufacturer and part#)?
Thanks,
Rob
todunknown

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:38 pm

todunknown wrote:
Supercharged86 wrote:(Frankly I think the OEM gauge sucks to begin with, which is why I changed mine, but that's another story)

Steve,
I have been looking into replacing my gauge as well. Would you like to share gauge you are using (manufacturer and part#)?
Thanks,
Rob

Hey Rob, Absolutely! Here's the original thread I did way back when, has all the info. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=292 Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Previous

Return to .177 Cal Marauders