FT events

This area is dedicated to the .177 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

FT events

Postby bob7346 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Dear Fellow Marauders:

If you have never shot in an organized FT event, you owe it to yourself to go to one and enter the competition, don't go to see what it is like, just go and enter. Read up on the rules on the yellow forum, bring a friend with you that shoots and just do it. You will have a blast.

You will meet the nicest people, learn from some of the best shooters in the country, and walk away a better shooter, and have a blast doing it, I promise. It doesn't matter if you are a hunter, a paper puncher, or a back yard comando.

At first you may be a little intimidated, especially when you get there, put your gun in the rack, and realize that most of the people there spent more on their scopes than you did on your whole setup. But believe me, your gun right out of the box can be compediative with anything there.

No you will not win, but you will learn and have fun doing it, and will do better each time.

I think the modern american air rifle club was patterned after the old english "Gentlemans Gun Cubs" of the eighteenth century. But americans allow women (watch out guys, these gals can shoot), and kids with their fathers.

You will enjoy it, you will learn, and you will look forward to the next monthly meet.
bob7346

Re: FT events

Postby ssa on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:52 pm

I am interested. How do I find out the FT events near my area?
ssa

Postby bob7346 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:55 am

SSA:

The easiest way is to go to airguns.net, click on FT section and all the clubs are listed at the top.

I live in Houston and the nearest one to me is Yegua Airgun Club in Summerville about two hours away, and is definitly worth the drive once a month. My best friend went there to see what was happening and got hooked, therefore I got hooked. He has led me through the whole process, which made it easier for me.

This place is fantastic, it is located on small creek, out in the middle of nowhere, the facilities are first rate. It reminds me of being on Safari somewhere.

Everyone is as nice as can be, and willing to help in any way possible, the first time you shoot is even free. The regulars here shooting skills are fenominal. Although I don't know all the guys here yet, I understand that a lot of them are past National and State Champions. When you see some of the shots they pull off, you will know why.
bob7346

Postby spysir on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 pm

ssa wrote:I am interested. How do I find out the FT events near my area?

try :
http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/
"some" clubs are listed, there are a good many more not listed there. In Tn we have several clubs , the GOB and the Invecta clubs are not listed so I am fairly sure other states will have clubs not listed there as well.
Go to a match! It is worth it even if it is 4-5 hours one way, you will learn more about airguns in one day than you could in years of reading the forums.
I have shot with a good number of the TX crew in Pulaski TN, a great bunch of guys indeed, and Scotty sure can do some fancy grilling up to and including flambae dessert. I am sure there are a half dozen or more National champions at the GOB but unless you asked they would never tell you, they are all just people (men, women & chilren) who like airguns. Also any "FT" shooter will own other airguns, 10m, hunting rigs, just any airgun you have ever heard of and many you havent heard of, someone at any given match owns 1 (2, 3, 4) of any airgun you might like to know about and they are ever so happy to let you try them out. I took my DAQ .458 down once to let folks shoot.
TN happens to an over the top airgun state with a couple of the very best tuners in the US, Theoben USA, and many venues to shoot.
Tell us where you live and someone will try to hook you up with other shooter.
And yes the marauder with the trigger set down to 6 ounces (hey and add a $100.00 reg) will run with the best. I heard a rumor last years National Champion is working up a stock for his and may well use it (in stock form) to run with all next year and I have no doubt he can win the Nationals using one.

John
spysir

Postby ssa on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Bob & John,

Thanks! I can find two clubs near me. About 2 hours drive. Not too close
but it is much better than 4 hours drive. I will try to show up in
the next FT match. It should be fun.

SSA
ssa

Postby bob7346 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:46 am

SSA:

You will never know how good you are, or how bad you are, until you start competing, and you will probably never get better unless you do.

I have enough time to spent a lot of time on the net, I read posts from several of my hobbies and other fields I am interested in. Everytime I read one I wonder just how good the person giving advise really is. For example, someone writes, today I shot a 1/4" group @ 50yards, of hand, with 25mph winds swirling, because I put an atomic wastegate on my Mrod.

Therefore, I take everything I read on the net into consideration, and disregard about 95% of it.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Bob
bob7346

Return to .177 Cal Marauders