CHPs vs. JSB exact heavies (part1)

This area is dedicated to the .177 caliber Benjamin Marauder by Crosman.

CHPs vs. JSB exact heavies (part1)

Postby bob7346 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:56 am

Basically I'm a FT shooter, and back yard paper puncher. My first Mrod had problems, but crossman replaced it. I've had my new gun about four weeks. I shoot JSB heavies with pretty good results, and shot a 30/48 at my last regional event and was real happy with the results, being as I didn't have time to really set up the gun.

In the past couple of weeks, I've been able to finish my set-up and limited tuning that I do myself. At 25 yards I shoot about a 3/4 to 1" group.

While ordering some other stuff from AA, I had them add a 1250 box of 10.5 gr. CHPs. When I opened the package and saw the box I was not impressed. The pellets where falling out of the box before I even opened it. Once the box was opened, I was even less impressed, they was lead dust everywhere, and even chunks of lead enclosed, and I mean chunks.

There was no way, I was going to put these things in my Mrod. I did try them in my other .177s I had. I literally had to force them in with my thumb using more force than I should have, they were just to damned big. I checked the box, and the box said .177. I was going to call and send them back to Crosman, I figured another Crosman QC problem.

Yesterday I had some free time, so I thought I'd run some of the CHPs through my Mrod and hope it didn't screw it up to bad. I washed, dried and lubed about 100 pellets. I went and set up an 8.5 X 11 white sheet with a 1" oranage dot. My first pellet I had to force in with the bolt. It shot about 3" left and about 4" high. I then forced in a second, then a third, and didn't even hit paper . (continued in part 2)
bob7346

Return to .177 Cal Marauders