Crosman pony tanks with fill adaptors.

Area for topics about Crosman Marauder parts and accessories. If you call Call crosman about Marauder parts please post the part numbers and prices here for others.

Crosman pony tanks with fill adaptors.

Postby sacshooter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 pm

I am excited about the pony tanks with fill adaptors. According to a response I got on twitter from Crosman the new tanks are about 5 inches in diamater. The small tank will be 15" and the Larget will be 38" in length.

According to the Crosman Site:

Rated for 4500psi and constructed with carbon fiber to reduce weight. Includes a stainless steel fill connection, 12" microbore hose, restricted flow manifold for controlled filling, built-in pressure gauge and bleed valve.

Tanks will be in two sizes:

Model Number 81001
Capacity 90 cubic inch
Portable 15" / 90 cu in size provides 5-16 fills. DOT certified.

Model Number 81002
Capacity 342 cubic inch
Standard 38" / 342 cu in size provides up to 80 fills. DOT certified.

The big questions for me were
How much air will the tanks hold at different fill pressures?
Yea, I am kind of weird that way. So I jumped in and figured it out the best I could.

According to my calculations ( your mileage may very )
The 15" 90 cubic inch tank will hold:
10.78 cubic feet when charged to 3000 PSI
12.55 cubic feet when charged to 3500 PSI
14.37 cubic feet when charged to 4000 PSI
16.14 cubic feet when charged to 4500 PSI

The 38" 342 cubic inch tank will hold:
40.96 cubic feet when charged to 3000 PSI
47.69 cubic feet when charged to 3500 PSI
54.62 cubic feet when charged to 4000 PSI
61.35 cubic feet when charged to 4500 PSI

The reason I added the different fill points was I know that some people don't have access to 4500 psi fills. Hope this helps anyone who was curious like I was. If my math is wrong please post the correct numbers ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sacshooter aka Site Admin
Besides this forum I have many others. For a complete list of my other websites please visit http://www.AskRogerSeher.com Thanks for your Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Re: Crosman pony tanks with fill adaptors.

Postby 2ndamendmentman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Any word on price?
2ndamendmentman

Postby sacshooter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Not yet, I'm going to be contacting Crosman, today was the last day of the shot show. I figure I will give them a week to get caught up from being out of the office then contact them with some questions, then post on the forum.

I also don't know about when they will be ready for sale.

Roger,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Besides this forum I have many others. For a complete list of my other websites please visit http://www.AskRogerSeher.com Thanks for your Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby 2ndamendmentman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks for the information!!!! I signed up with Crosman for an email when the product comes in. I have been pumping my A off and the wife does not want me spending more on anything that throws lead or helps to throw lead. An air tank would be great, but at $600.00 to $700.00 a pop it is out of my reach.

Again, Thanks!
2ndamendmentman

Postby jimmyk » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:31 pm

The smaller is the same size as the Ninja 90 that I'm using. I did have to buy the regulator from Joe. I think the tank was $159 and the regulator was $90. The worst part about these tanks is balancing it on its end. I would be interested in possibly purchasing just the valve assembly if was was the same thread as the Ninja tank and other paint ball tanks.

Jimmyk
jimmyk

Postby sacshooter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:39 pm

jimmyk wrote:The smaller is the same size as the Ninja 90 that I'm using. I did have to buy the regulator from Joe. I think the tank was $159 and the regulator was $90. The worst part about these tanks is balancing it on its end. I would be interested in possibly purchasing just the valve assembly if was was the same thread as the Ninja tank and other paint ball tanks.

Jimmyk

The paint ball tanks use a different thread, that has been the biggest problem. I tried a couple years ago to get someone to make a drop in replacement for the paintball tanks. I ended up finding a guy who re-threaded scba valves, and I got one from him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sacshooter

Postby fronzman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:53 am

If they keep the price in the range of paintball tanks, they'll sell a ton. If they're priced around the typical SCBA tank, forget it.
fronzman

Postby LongRanger21 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:22 pm

What ever happen to the tanks?
Benjamin Marauder .25 Hawke sidewinder 30 tactical
LongRanger21

Postby DMC » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Tell them we would like the hose to be at least 48" long. That 12" hose on the hand pump sucks.
DMC

Postby germandog » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Not in stock yet but now at least they are showing in the stock category of a major wholesaler I deal with.
Looks like the price of the Standard 38" / 342 will be around $550.00 so I'm not that excited...TOO much !
Looks like it's the hand pump for a while longer for me.
germandog

Return to Crosman Marauder parts and Accessories