Where to buy .25 mags cheap and recommended hunting pellets?

Area for topics about Crosman Marauder parts and accessories. If you call Call crosman about Marauder parts please post the part numbers and prices here for others.

Where to buy .25 mags cheap and recommended hunting pellets?

Postby Trident » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey guys, where is the current cheapest place I can get .25 mags for my marauder? And can you recommend the best hunting pellets for it as well? I'm targeting turkey sized animals of possible, not tiny starlings. Thanks!
Trident

Re: Where to buy .25 mags cheap and recommended hunting pell

Postby AirRifleHunter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:15 pm

I get my .25 Clips from Pyramyd Air and they cost $12.95 each. You might be able to find them less expensive somewhere else, but I always get mine from PA.

As far as the best hunting pellet, the JSB Exact Kings (25.4 grain) hold their FPE for longer distances than most at longer ranges. If you are going to hunt within 40 to 50 yards, then Predator Polymags are devastating on your quarry and rarely ever exit. Also, the Benjamin Domed pellets are accurate and hit hard in most .25's.

That's as much as I know. ;)
AirRifleHunter

Postby Busey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:34 am

I would go with Mr Hollowpoint 53 gr. for very large coons and gophers ect. For yotes I would use Mr. Hollowpoint 73 grainers but you need a single shot tray.

http://www.mrhollowpoint.com/6722.html

For normal size coons and small game I would take Airriflehunter advice and use the JSB Exact Kings 25.4 gr. They are prob the most accurate pellet for the .25 Mrod and they hold on to a ton of energy, they are also alot cheaper than using mrhollowpoint stuff all the time.

For nutters, birds, very small/small game I would use the Predator Polymags. They are explosive on small game and would prob fair well on coons if shot placement was directed to fleshy areas like heart/lungs shots.

Hope this helps...
Busey

Postby Bullfrog » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:53 pm

I know Eun Jin 43 grain pellets will put a coon out at 50 yards with a headshot.

For small game, I've had good results with Eun Jin 35 grain blunt pellets, Beeman Silver Bears, and H&N 31 grain Barracudas. Polymags shoot great out of my gun but I have to shoot an animal with one (I have used them in .22 before out of my Gamo and they work well). Do note that today I dug an H&N out of a squirrel and it didn't expand (it didn't pass through the squirrel but that's because I shot the squirrel while it was in its nest and the pellet had to spend energy to punch through the nest to get to the squirrel). I'm finding the Barracudas to be very deep penetrators. They will probably be my go-to pellet for coon and hog headshots.
Bullfrog

Postby Bill G » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Barracudas retain energy even better than the JSB's in the .25 and they are still moving fast enough to be used with a Mil dot scope @100yrds. For me, I add 12 clicks and hold 5 mils. Dead.
It is a dangerous proposition to believe that you can reason with evil.
Bill G

Postby Bullfrog » Sat May 05, 2012 8:07 pm

I second the Baracudas. Over the last couple of months I have shot a lot with the Baracudas and they are deadly on larger game. On something small like a squirrel I'd probably stick with the flimsy, expanding pellets. But baracudas are wicked if you have them jacked up to a high velocity (anywhere from 840-870).
Bullfrog

Postby mtsheron » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:24 pm

PA has them for $12.95 or is it $12.99, either way they have them and if you order enough stuff as usual free shipping. Hard to beat their prices. There is a new pellet coming out or maybe it has been out by H&N that has my curiosity up. Here they are:

I am just a spoke in a broken wheel!
www.NCAirgunners.com
mtsheron

Postby AirRifleHunter » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 pm

mtsheron wrote:PA has them for $12.95 or is it $12.99, either way they have them and if you order enough stuff as usual free shipping. Hard to beat their prices. There is a new pellet coming out or maybe it has been out by H&N that has my curiosity up. Here they are:

I think those pellets are new to H&N's product line. I am eager to try them out in my .25 Marauder too. My next order to PA will include 4 tins of those for sure. ;)
AirRifleHunter

Postby rupert3 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:18 pm

My first post. Pyramyd Air also has a 10 % coupon code and if you buy 4 tins of pellet the fourth one is free (the less expensiven one). Free shippping on orders over $150 most of the time I use the 10% and pay shipping and come out way ahead. Pyramyd-NRA is a good code.
rupert3

Postby Bullfrog » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Those babies look evil!
Bullfrog

Return to Crosman Marauder parts and Accessories