Question about the gauge port assembly

Area for topics about Crosman Marauder parts and accessories. If you call Call crosman about Marauder parts please post the part numbers and prices here for others.

Question about the gauge port assembly

Postby Bullfrog » Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 am

In typical Bullfrog fashion I've done went and messed up my gun (not counting the LDC I recently messed up). I stripped my velocity screw again a few weeks ago but the screw was in an ok position to begin with so I've been able to use the gun as is. I just got a replacement valve body from Crosman. No big deal, I got the new valve assembly installed last night without a hitch. However, when I went to put my pressure gauge back I overtightened it and stripped the threads on the assembly. I've got a new one coming in from Crosman but that's going to take 2-3 weeks to get here at least.

My question is, can I turn the port assemply around so that the open hole is inside and just use the gun without a gauge for the time being? The gauge didn't work right anyhow, I just use the gauge on my pump to tell me what's in the gun. Obviously I have some doubts about this or I wouldn't be asking. My biggest concern is wondering if the pressure alone will keep the assembly from rolling over or moving up and down.

I had a hunting trip this weekend I might have to cancel if I can't get the gun together in time.
Bullfrog

Re: Question about the gauge port assembly

Postby tkerrigan » Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 am

You would have to plug the hole. Not easy to do with the threads stripped. If you are very lucky, epoxy might work. Regards, Tom
tkerrigan

Postby Motorhead » Tue May 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Without replacement parts, One way to fix and be safe would be ...

Remove gauge manifold from air tube.
Drill out the DIN threads and retap 1/8-27 NPT.
Clean it up and reinstall within air tube.
Place a 1/8 NPT plug wrapped with teflon tape into re-tapped hole.
Regulated Custom M-rods - Pupped .22 / Thumbhole .177 / .20 Conversion
Air Arms TX-200 MkIII .177
FWB 124D .177
Diana 75 HV TO-1 Match .177
Barnett Spitfire .177
Regulated BAM-51 .177
Crosman PC77 & SSP-250 .177
Bug-A-Salt
4.5k ShoeBox / Ninja 90
Motorhead

Postby tkerrigan » Tue May 08, 2012 2:04 pm

I think that you might find that the hole is too large to tap 1/8-27 npt. You could probably tap it for 3/8-24 bolt thread, clean the threads with solvent, put the adapter back in the tube and screw in a 3/8-24 bolt with red locktite, leaving the bolt sticking out to locate the adapter. Let set for 24 hours. You would have to heat the bolt to get it out later. Regards, Tom
tkerrigan

Postby Bullfrog » Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 pm

I appreciate the ideas. I think I'm going to have to just surrender to the fact my gun is out of commission for a while.
Bullfrog

Return to Crosman Marauder parts and Accessories