How to remove gauge port assembly?

Area for topics about Crosman Marauder parts and accessories. If you call Call crosman about Marauder parts please post the part numbers and prices here for others.

How to remove gauge port assembly?

Postby sgillbee » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm look for tips for removing the gauge port assembly from inside the pressure chamber. I originally thought that my rifle was leaking from the gauge port, but now I think it's the O-rings around the gauge assembly.

The problem is that I can't get the assembly out of the tube to save my life. Here's what I've done:

1. Depressurized the rifle.
2. Removed action from stock.
3. Removed port gauge
4. Removed fill valve from air chamber
5. Used metal coat-hanger with hook on the end try and pull the gauge port assembly out of the chamber.

I managed to move it about 1/8th of an inch. I can rotate it slightly (so it's not totally stuck), but I can't drag it down the tube (more that 1/8th of an inch) to safe my life. I've tried putting a little barrel oil down the air chamber to lube things a bit (I'm going to change the O-rings anyway, so I don't care about damaging them with oil) but still no luck.

Help!? Any secret tips?
sgillbee

Re: How to remove gauge port assembly?

Postby pad617 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 am

It can be stubborn getting it out. I pushed it out from the back of the tube. Remove the screws holding the valve in and push it out with a hollow tube taking the valve out with it. The hollow tube makes sure you are not pushing against the valve stem. I then just replaced the orings on the valve to be safe, they are the same size as those on the air gauge adapter.

Jeff P
pad617

Postby sgillbee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks. Preparatory to doing this, I've taken the spring cap and spring off the back and also removed the trigger assembly. That give me access to 3 hex bolts holding the valve assembly in place (1 on each side and 1 under the trigger assembly). But there is another piece in the back of the air chamber that slides freely back and forth and appears to be mounted in a notch in the top of the air chamber. Do I need to remove the barrel assembly from the top of the action to get this out or am I missing something?
sgillbee

Postby pad617 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Sorry yes you need to take the breech off, but can leave the barrel attached. If you have the rear cap off, then there should be just two screws in front on the breech. They are small and thread into the valve. Once those are off then the breech will come off. The transfer port will fall out or be stuck in the barrel. It has a seal on each end so make sure they don't fly off somewhere. Once the breech is off, you need to remove the screw that is in top of the hammer, which is that piece that was sliding back and forth in the tube. Remove that allen head bolt and the hammer can slide out of the back of the tube. Then you should see the back of the valve and valve stem from the rear of the tube. Once the three bolts are removed that hold the valve to the tube you should be able to push/tap the valve out from the back of the tube. Just make sure you dont push or tap on the valve stem. Use some hollow tubing so the valve stem recesses in the tubing and is not damage from pushing or tapping.

Jeff P
pad617

Postby sgillbee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. I'll give this a shot.
sgillbee

Return to Crosman Marauder parts and Accessories