P rod pistol

All stuff related to the .22 Benjamin Marauder Pistol by Crosman

P rod pistol

Postby iride » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:09 pm

I have always been a pistol man,
The PCP bull pups have taken me away from that stand. Now I am doing a Rapid air bull pup conversion on my 25 marauder but shipping is as slow as grease .
I think I want a 25 P rod with a cut down green mountain barrel, I think them barrels at least on my gun are tack drivers, I am sure not much luck finding a CZ barrel that would work.
I also think I want to try and stick with iron sights, I have never shot a scoped pistol....
Now just how hard is this stuff I am talking about,
Is the War and old pro just about the only ones dealing with the modifications to the P Rod.
This will be my first venture into the PCP pistol shooting , I have looked at a bunch and I always seem to come back to the P rod,
Any pictures out there would love to see them, Want to put your two cents in I am all ears,,,
I have learned to listen when you guys that are big in the hobby start talking.
Mike
Cricket 25
Cricket .22
Rapid marauder .25 bull Pup kit installed
FWB 124
Tech Force 99
Super max Mod B21
Crosman 760
Sheridan blue streak ( I guess a 1965 model, Brother gave it to me does not shoot
Salt gun
iride

Re: P rod pistol

Postby FuzzyGrub » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:27 am

Yep, Travis at WAR is who you want to talk to about this level of Prod modifications. :)

Given the level of modification and cal, might also consider building one from a 25 cal Mrod. There are few projects found on the web doing so. Lloyd made a double tube version for Manny. If I was to make a 25 cal pistol, would use a Mrod based one. While I'd like the left hand cocking of a Gen II, don't think that can marry up to a Prod pistol grip frame.

Both involve a decent amount of modification, so need to research if there are other guns that can be had out of the box. My total guess on cost is $750 - $1000.

IMO: the Prod makes for a large pistol, ie like at 1800's dueling pistol, but since you want 25 cal, you want all the air you can get. Myself, I went with the slightly smaller size of the 1701 airtube. Makes it about the same size as a 1377. It is still a large pistol.

So, basically a Prod with 1701P airtube, cut down barrel and shroud. The shroud provides little sound abatement, but keeps the iron sights high enough to see over the mag. BSB, 110 tp and heavier hammer spring gives 16 shots @ 16FPE w/JSB 18.1g. You can get 24 shots given the close range of 25yds or less with iron sights.

John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, 1720T Camp Carbine, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Postby iride » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:45 pm

John,
Wow, that is one good looking pistol, Are you saying that was built on a Mrod frame?
I have been shooting PCPs for about two years now, I have a Great white tank , a small Venturi tank, I call it the foot ball tank , And a Sheldon compressor.
Just before I got into PCPs I came across a pistol called the Beeman P 17 , So dam cheap and fun to shoot I bought three of them, The bull Pups have taken most of my money but I am still a Pistol shooter, After the new years I will be calling War and seeing what they can do for me,,
Thanks for posting the picture,
MIke
Cricket 25
Cricket .22
Rapid marauder .25 bull Pup kit installed
FWB 124
Tech Force 99
Super max Mod B21
Crosman 760
Sheridan blue streak ( I guess a 1965 model, Brother gave it to me does not shoot
Salt gun
iride

Postby FuzzyGrub » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:53 am

Mike,

No, that is my shortened Prod. As it is, still rather long like something from a Dirty Harry movie. It does fit in a contender holster.

If I was considering making a 25 cal, I'd have to convince myself that starting from a 25 cal mrod wouldn't be the best stating point, before going Prod. For a short barreled 25 cal, having the extra air and able to easily get some decent power from it. Talk it over with Travis. See what he thinks.
John

Prods: 2201P .22 Pistol, 1720T Camp Carbine, M4 .177/.22 Carbine, PMrod .177/.22 Rifle, MProd .22
Mrods: .25 MDRL Bullpup, Srod .25 Syn Stock, Gen II Woody Reg'ed 177
FuzzyGrub

Return to Marauder Pistol