Is This OK To Use?

Questions and tips for cleaning and maintaining your Marauder.

Is This OK To Use?

Postby FireworksMan on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:15 pm

I have a spray bottle of Hoppe's Elite Gun Cleaner -High Performance Technology-Cleans down to the pores,removes carbon,lead and copper.Scent-Free.Biodegradable Non-Flamable. Claims to clean on a molecular level, with continued use this advanced chemistry conditions your bore/ cutting future maintenance time by up to 80%. Anyone familiar with this? I also have some Crosman Silicone Chamber Oil,I just need to get some moly for my bolt. My Marauder(.177) is due to arrive Jan25th and I want to be prepared that's all. Thanks in advance for the help.
FireworksMan

Re: Is This OK To Use?

Postby Supercharged86 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey FireworksMan, I've been using the Hoppe's #9 with a Boresnake since new, haven't had a problem yet. Now granted the Hoppe's cleaning solvent is designed for powder residue, etc. associated with powder burners, so it's probably a little overkill. But all I know is that it's nice and clean when done and takes no time at all. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby FireworksMan on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. Nowhere on the bottle is it written that it is synthetic, not sure what it is made of.I just hope it is safe. May try it on my Storm XT first. I think I read that You also lube the pellets, if so how often do you clean the bore per number of shots?
FireworksMan

Postby Lammy1000 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Supercharged86 wrote:Hey FireworksMan, I've been using the Hoppe's #9 with a Boresnake since new, haven't had a problem yet. Now granted the Hoppe's cleaning solvent is designed for powder residue, etc. associated with powder burners, so it's probably a little overkill. But all I know is that it's nice and clean when done and takes no time at all. Cheers. Steve

Steve,

My barrel gets so filthy after ~100 rounds, to the extent I don't want to subject my bore snake to the amount of solids. I run 2 patches through, then the bore snake. A final patch is "clean enough". "Break Free" is used to clean.

Just curious how many passes of the bore snake you make?

Lou
Lammy1000

Postby wlambert on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 am

Many years ago, I bought a cleaning kit from Beeman. It contained a bottle of Beeman Cleaner / Degreaser. The stuff looked and smelled like "Fantastic", the cleaner that comes in the spray bottle. I bet fantastic would work just fine for a pellet gun.

wlambert
wlambert

Postby FireworksMan on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 am

Thank's. That sounds like a FANTASTIC idea! LOL ;)
FireworksMan

Return to Marauder Cleaning Care and Maintenance