Page 1 of 1

WHAT CAN I USE FOR O RING LUBE

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:10 am
by SHANEDOG
Hi All
What product can I use for o-ring and bolt lube that is avalable from the average harware store?

Re: WHAT CAN I USE FOR O RING LUBE

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:31 pm
by hawkeye
SHANEDOG wrote:Hi All
What product can I use for o-ring and bolt lube that is avalable from the average harware store?

Shanedog,

I use Crosman Silicone Chamber Oil for lubing the barrel O-ring. I put a drop on the end of the bolt and then work it few times to distribute the lube. If that's not available, use a plumbers silicone grease available at the hardware store. The bolt lube I use is a moly grease that may be available at a hardware store. I put a very light coating on the bolt. Hope this helps...

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:06 pm
by ssscottg
SDog,

Try standard silicon spray to lube your pellets. Brand Gunk "Silicon Spray". Try Ace, Autoparts or WallyMart.

Just a few drops in the pellet tin lid to lube 50 or so pellets. Every pellet will lube the o-ring. Works good as a barrel cleaning agent too.

Another option is to use a water-color paint brush to brush some on the ring.

Regards,
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:46 am
by avv604
SHANEDOG wrote:Hi All

FP-10 works great.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:35 am
by dwalk
i use divers o-ring silicone lubricant i get from diving shops for o-rings. it's formulated especially for o-rings used in diving equipment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:14 am
by Maverick
ssscottg wrote:SDog,

Try standard silicon spray to lube your pellets. Brand Gunk "Silicon Spray". Try Ace, Autoparts or WallyMart.

Just a few drops in the pellet tin lid to lube 50 or so pellets. Every pellet will lube the o-ring. Works good as a barrel cleaning agent too.

Another option is to use a water-color paint brush to brush some on the ring.

Regards,
Scott

great idea.....thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:23 pm
by Roger
Silicone grease made for o rings. Same thing that divers use on all their o rings. Nothing better and cheap I have had a 1/4 oz for the last 12 years use it on (4) PCP guns.

shoot straight
Roger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:39 am
by Busey
The best stuff is Oring lube from a dive shop. Scuba tank oring lube can handle the pressures without fear of compression detonation.