Scope zero @ 10 yds for Syn Rod .22

Questions and tips for cleaning and maintaining your Marauder.

Scope zero @ 10 yds for Syn Rod .22

Postby airriflerathunter » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:00 pm

I'm getting a little frustrated trying to zero my Syn Rod .22 in my basement using a Hawke Sport optics: 3-9X40 AO IR & UTG high 1" rings. :?: Can this be done? or do I need a longer basement ? Has anyone shot their Syn Rod .22 in the basement? I don't want to relax the erector spring in the scope too much. I'm @ 50 clicks of elevation and I'm not sure I want to go any farther on the elevation. "a little help would be appreciated."
airriflerathunter

Re: Scope zero @ 10 yds for Syn Rod .22

Postby PB_Matrix » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:35 pm

I used medium height rings with almost the same set up, and I shoot at 13 yards in my basement. When I get outside, the gun shoots about 1.5 inches high at 25 yards. Lower rings are better at closer distances from what I have read on-line. use lower rings.
PB_Matrix

Postby SHOOTINIT » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Shim under the rear mount
99% of the time it's the shooter, not the gun.

SHOOTINIT

Postby Punisher » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Do you use ChairGun software and have a chronograph? If so, you can calculate an optimum zero range for your rifle and then look at where your point of impact should be at virtually any range. Point is you don't have to actually zero at 10 yards, but you can still accomplish your goal (I do this all the time indoors). In my case, my optimum zero for my setup is 48 yards. So at 10 yards I know the pellet will hit .45 inches low at the MV I chronied (811 fps using Beeman Kodiak .22s). I shoot at ten yards, then measure the POI with a ruler. If it's about .45 or so, I know I'm onto the calculated zero. It's key to measure the distance to your target very carefully, though. A small error indoors can translate into a big error at longer range. I always confirm once I'm outside, just to be sure. But so far it's worked well.
.22 SynRod, Hawke 6-24x56 scope, MM HF Barrel, custom Duracoat paint.

Punisher

Return to Marauder Cleaning Care and Maintenance