Houston TX

Find, organize, or promote local shooting events. Please Include the State and City in post Subject.

Houston TX

Postby Walx » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 am

I will be moving to Houston/Katy area for a year or so (work related) and was wondering if there is any clubs around that area.
Walx

Re: Houston TX

Postby bob7346 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:23 am

Walx:

You are going to love Houston, it is a great place to live and is still in Texas. There is a great FT venue about 1.5 hours away in Centerville. There is also a lot of back yard serious shooting groups here also.

Houston is a big place though, try to find a place near where you will be living.

Bob
bob7346

Postby Walx » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Bob,
Thanks for the info. I will need to find something to do on the weekends I don't go back home. There is a gun range close to the apartments I will be at and they have a 22LR target range so I'm hoping I might can shoot there some.
Walx

Postby bob7346 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:25 am

Walx:

If you are near Katy, there is a public range near a resevoir there, that is supposed to be great, but subject to flooding.

My best friend has a ranch in Sealy not to far from there, we try to get up there as often as possible, and do a day of shooting. As far as air rifles, the top shooters in FT, mega expensive guns. Sometimes powder burners, anything goes.

Unfortunately, everyones schedule is super busy these days, all of us are pros in our fields, everything from Pilots to world famous writers (he has a new release coming out in July called HEADHUNTER, if you get a chance pick up a copy, it is a great act/adv novel), but really an unique fun group of guys.

Once you get here and set up, drop me a line, and I'll let you know if anything is coming up that I know.

Bob
bob7346

Postby Walx » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info and as you have said yourself I am too going to be really busy while I am there I just hope I can find a little time to relax.
Walx

Return to Local Airgun Clubs, Fun shoots, and Events