Sacramento Area Fun Shoot - Sunday April 18th

Find, organize, or promote local shooting events. Please Include the State and City in post Subject.

Re: Sacramento Area Fun Shoot - Sunday April 18th

Postby Supercharged86 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:44 pm

sacshooter wrote:WOW Crosman sent us some stuff for Sunday:

Lots of .22 pellets...

Hats, shirts, and a few pellet pouches.

OH yea, they loaned us a Marauder, It is here. Unfortunately only one tin of 200 Benjamin .25 pellets :o

Talk about the Dark side calling, Only 200 .25 CP pellets, Must not unpack Marauder until Sunday,,,,

I hear voices from inside the brown box saying "Open me up and shoot me, You know you want to :twisted: "

I fear trying to fire just one shot would cause the whole tin to disappear. :oops:

Must be strong, must not open the brown box :?:

Roger

Not to be ungrateful, but is it me or something seems wrong with this picture. Crosman goes through all the trouble to send out a new .25 Mrod for preview, obviously hoping that many will enjoy it and hence order one, yet they send you mostly .22 ammo :?: :?: :?: . Somebody better go shopping because I don't think 200 shots will go far. :D Steve

ps. I have 100 bucks that says Roger can't wait till Sunday :!:
Forum Moderator

Mrod .177 with EunJin 16.1's = A bad day!!!
Supercharged86

Postby Vakeiros » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:15 am

Supercharged86 wrote:
sacshooter wrote:WOW Crosman sent us some stuff for Sunday:

Lots of .22 pellets...

Hats, shirts, and a few pellet pouches.

OH yea, they loaned us a Marauder, It is here. Unfortunately only one tin of 200 Benjamin .25 pellets :o

Talk about the Dark side calling, Only 200 .25 CP pellets, Must not unpack Marauder until Sunday,,,,

I hear voices from inside the brown box saying "Open me up and shoot me, You know you want to :twisted: "

I fear trying to fire just one shot would cause the whole tin to disappear. :oops:

Must be strong, must not open the brown box :?:

Roger

Not to be ungrateful, but is it me or something seems wrong with this picture. Crosman goes through all the trouble to send out a new .25 Mrod for preview, obviously hoping that many will enjoy it and hence order one, yet they send you mostly .22 ammo :?: :?: :?: . Somebody better go shopping because I don't think 200 shots will go far. :D Steve

ps. I have 100 bucks that says Roger can't wait till Sunday :!:

hi folks,

Super, i agree with you!
Roger i just think your are not strong enougth... :P

hope to see very pictures tomorrow!!!

regards
Air Arms S410 Xtra FAC .22 + Leapers 4-16x50 AO
Benjamin Marauder .177 + ZOS 10-40x60
Benjamin Discovery + ZOS 10-40x50
Diana 75 T01 + Match Diopter
Diana 75 + VitaScope 4x40
Vakeiros

Postby Supercharged86 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:52 am

So Guys, how did it go? How many members did you have? Roger, you can email me that UPS tracking # for the .25 anytime now :lol: . Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

Postby Vakeiros » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 am

pictures, pictures i want many pic tures :P
ehehhe

how did it went?

regards
Air Arms S410 Xtra FAC .22 + Leapers 4-16x50 AO
Benjamin Marauder .177 + ZOS 10-40x60
Benjamin Discovery + ZOS 10-40x50
Diana 75 T01 + Match Diopter
Diana 75 + VitaScope 4x40
Vakeiros

Postby Masked Marauder » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 am

Slow down Super, info is in the works, remember we are 3 days (or is it hours) behind you here in NorCal.

A great bunch of guys did a lot of shooting, very nice weather.

Oh yea, the .25 reports will be coming as we put them together, all I will report at this time is "It is a beast". A full review is planned with photos, chrony numbers and features. Stay tuned...

Last, but not least is a hearty thank you to the folks at Crosman for their participation. Everyone got to shoot the .25 and the guys really liked the caps, shirts and other goodies.

To be continued...

MM
Masked Marauder

Postby Supercharged86 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:54 am

Masked Marauder wrote:Slow down Super, info is in the works, remember we are 3 days (or is it hours) behind you here in NorCal.

A great bunch of guys did a lot of shooting, very nice weather.

Oh yea, the .25 reports will be coming as we put them together, all I will report at this time is "It is a beast". A full review is planned with photos, chrony numbers and features. Stay tuned...

Last, but not least is a hearty thank you to the folks at Crosman for their participation. Everyone got to shoot the .25 and the guys really liked the caps, shirts and other goodies.

To be continued.
MM

Sorry MM, guess I'm just a little anxious for the results. Cheers. Steve
Forum Moderator

Supercharged86

What a great Day

Postby JimC » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 pm

We had a great time. The weather was virtually perfect for air guns with only a slight breeze showing up from time to time. The banks of targets were set up at approximately 45, 65, 85 and 110 yards. It was pretty impressive to watch the 110 yd targets fall on a consistent basis. The .25 cal Marauder looks like a real winner. It packs quite a bit of energy out to 110 yds. Roger was picking of the 110 yd targets like they were at 50 yds.

What was most impressive was the display of hardware that was brought to the range. Several Daystate rifles, Air Arms 410's, FX Royale, Air Force, lots of Marauders and a goodly number of springers as well. The most impressive rifle there had to be the Daystate Air Wolf MCT with a Schmidt & Bender 5-25x scope on it. Ken, the gentleman who owned it, let anyone who wanted to shoot it do so. I made the mistake of shooting it. My old Marauder will never feel the same. That said, I was very pleased with how my Marauder shot. My indoor range is about 21 yards so it was a real treat to shoot targets at 50 to 85 yards. The Marauders held their own with some very remarkable air rifles

Ken was typical of almost everyone there, as people were freely sharing rifles, air, pellets and advice. It was a great atmosphere. Mike Tanner and Roger deserve a huge thank you for making this a really fun event. The next Fun Shoot is scheduled for mid-May. As soon as Mike posts a notice I will post it here as well. It should be just as much fun as this one was. If you miss the next one you can't say you didn't know it was going to be so much fun.

Jim in Sacramento
JimC

Postby aerogoneer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 pm

It's "Spring"er time in Sacramento.
I thought I'd come out and shoot with the locals at the Ione shooting range. this was to be my first time to shoot here since I started shooting a few years w/ the Diablo shooters from the Bay Area. Upon arrving at the range, I was greeted by Micahel T, and recognized Roger, a familiar face whom I met at one of the Diablo fun shoots. As I went around to introduce myself, I noticed that most of them were shooting PCPs - there was quite a few Marauders on the bench and then some high end European models.
Looking downrange, the targets were setup farther than what I expected (looks like 50 yds and beyond). After paying the $12 day fee, I unpacked my guns. I brought all spring guns this time, my .22cal GF R9 for hunting , my FT rifle (TX200 in .177) and a 177 cal R7 with a San Rafael marking that I recently purchased.
After walking the behind the yellow line, Roger mentioned to me that a .25cal Marauder was on loan to the group from Crosman and everyone was welcome to try it. After a quick instruction on loading the pellets into the magazine, he told me to shoot at the farthest targets which looked to be 100 yards. He told me to aim between the 1 and 2 mildots. There was a light breeze, but I did not think that was enough to throw off my shoot. I settled down and squezzed the trigger and it was a MISS, Roger tells me, I just switched pellets on you! So this time, I tried at 2 mildots and the target falls with authority with a solid “clank”. I was amazed at the power of this gun, I did not realize that Roger was taking pictures. The next three shots, you guessed it were all solid hits. I am convinced that this Marauder can go head to head w/ AA410 at a competitive price which I was looking to get someday.
I definitely had a great time shooting w/ new friends, and I want to thank Michael and Roger for setting up this shooting venue in Sacramento which is closer to home; And thank you ! CROSMAN for the “goodies “ you sent us, everyone got something- I got a white crosman t-shirt w/ a small logo on the chest.
-aerogoneer (sac)
aerogoneer

Postby ssscottg » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Jim,

Great write up, I stuck to the 45 and 65 yard targets for this outing as I had never shot NRA steel silhouettes before, so it was a great experience with lots of action. :D It was great fun shooting the 25 caliber Mrod, which was very accurate. Roger had it completely dialed in for all to shoot. We had a fun competition for 5 shot groups to win some of the t-shirts, hats and other cool stuff that Crosman sent. It was great to meet the folks on the yellow forum and shoot some of the more exotic hardware.

Kudos to Roger and Mike for setting this up and introducing me to a first class facility.

Kudos to Crosman for the support and sharing the 25 cal Mrod and the promotional material. I have already have received 2 complements on the Crosman hat before I arrived home!

Regards,
Scott
ssscottg

Previous

Return to Local Airgun Clubs, Fun shoots, and Events