First Kill

The Benjamin Rouge in .357 caliber by Crosman is the first big-bore airgun to have an electronic valve to ensure both shot-to-shot consistency, and maximum shots per fill. This forum is a place to talk about the new rifle.

First Kill

Postby pb95 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:32 pm

So I finally got my rogue back from crosman after fixing a leak, and I decided to take it on its first deer hunt. I did not see any deer, but two gray foxes came out at about 95 yards, and I killed both of them. I cannot say that i am completely satisfied with it yet, because I discovered that the gun goes into valve lock when pressurized to 3000psi on medium power, and I just got the dang thing back from crosman. It is at partial valve lock on high at 3000psi. I wonder if they did not calibrate it right or something, because it shoots fine when pressurized to 2800psi on High power, and I can get 5 consistent shots before refilling around 2100psi, but the display shows that I have 1 shot left when pressurized to 2800psi. It is very difficult to figure the gun out when Im so picky about shooting those expensive bullets on the range. Im determined to get a deer with it sometime in the future.
"Shoot for the best but prepare for the worst."
pb95

Re: First Kill

Postby Walx » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:58 pm

This is the next gun I wanted to get but I don't think I have read anything real good about it yet. I thought you were suppose to get a few more shots than 5 or 6 even on high power but I read somewhere else the shot count is don't very high. I hope they improve the gun or at least get the bugs worked out. I showed the gun to the wife the other day and when I told her that was going to be my next gun and told her how much it was she said is that all I was thinking 4 to 5 thousand. So if I start hearing some good reviews I will see about placing an order. Did you get a pass through on the foxes at that distance?
Walx

Postby NeuRon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:24 pm

It would be nice if a tuner took this on as a project so people could buy one that's already been gone through.
Prod (tuned by Paul B., LW barrel, RB grips, ACE Folding stock, camo, TKO & JG brakes)
Sold: .22 Mrod "The Toad" (tuned by Paul B., 18" LW barrel, Toad-A-Flage camo)
Sold: .25 TT Mrod w/ reservoir and shroud extensions

NeuRon

Postby pb95 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Walx wrote:This is the next gun I wanted to get but I don't think I have read anything real good about it yet. I thought you were suppose to get a few more shots than 5 or 6 even on high power but I read somewhere else the shot count is don't very high. I hope they improve the gun or at least get the bugs worked out. I showed the gun to the wife the other day and when I told her that was going to be my next gun and told her how much it was she said is that all I was thinking 4 to 5 thousand. So if I start hearing some good reviews I will see about placing an order. Did you get a pass through on the foxes at that distance?

Yes it passed through the foxes very easily. It was pretty neat to fire then watch through the scope as the bullet impacts the fox...looks like it got hit with a sledge hammer all of a sudden :lol: I would recommend buying extra bullets and practicing with the gun before you take it hunting. Figure out the guns trajectory and maximum number of shots. If you decide to shoot some deer with it, let me know how it does. Im still a little bit skeptical of its performance. I dont have enough confidence in the gun's accuracy to take head shots on deer, but im also not confident on a heart shot either. Those noslers have very little expansion when shot through 4 inches of fiber board. But they do have exceptional penetration. Oh, and one more thing. When you get your rifle, you can expect it to leak about 50 psi per day, as mine does. I sent mine back to crosman to repair a leak, as i was losing about 350 psi per day. I got it back and they said that the valve is designed to release around 50 psi per day. Seems a little crazy to me, but anyway, Enjoy your rifle! :)
"Shoot for the best but prepare for the worst."
pb95

Return to Benjamin Rouge .357 by Crosman